Doom 3 Copy Protection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doom 3 Copy Protection

hi, i've been trying to find out what form of protection doom 3 will use. some sites have said starforce 3 and others say it will be some form of safe disc. does anybody have anymore information on this?

Unfortunately our crystal ball is broken - most likely different protections will be used for US and other versions - but it's even possible that id uses none (besides cd-key).
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

and what about doom 4?

Comment

Comment

Well, I',m sure id wouldn't mind using only a CD key as protection, but I'm sure their publisher thinks about that differently

Comment

well, at least the use of safe disc is good news. has anyway tried to back it up and run it with dt yet?

Comment

SafeDisc v2 on disc 1, and no protection on discs 2 or 3. Checked it with ClonyXXL, the game is right in front of me :wink:

If it is SafeDisc 3.2 as A-Ray shows in the screenie above, I guess we'll find out in a minute if Alcohol can rip it with the SafeDisc 2/3 Profile... brb with an answer on that

Comment

ISO created with Alcohol 1.9.2 b1705 using the "SafeDisc 2/3" profile worked fine... took about 20 minutes but the image loads up in Daemon Tools no sweat and plays fine :mrgreen:

Comment

ISO :!: :?:

Comment

yeah, an ISO image of the disc. And when I said it took 20 minutes, I meant to rip the image, not to load it with DT...

just a sidenote, only 30 minutes to edit your posts? sheesh... :roll:

Comment

Originally Posted by Sabrewulf165
                      yeah, an ISO image of the disc. And when I said it took 20 minutes, I meant to rip the image, not to load it with DT...

just a sidenote, only 30 minutes to edit your posts? sheesh... :roll:
                      and iso cannot contain any copy protection info
                      iso only contains the file's data itself and nothing more.
                      are you shure it was an ISO ?
                      Sven Bent - Denmark

Comment

Originally Posted by Sven Bent
                        Quite sure. Been playing off of the backup image all week long

Comment

Originally Posted by Sven Bent
                          iso works just fine for Doom3. and pretty much any SafeDisc game with only 1 track.

Cheers
                          Goodnight Brave Warrior, Goodnight Monster-land..

Comment

I keep getting the error msg: emulation software detected... when I try to run the game w/ the image mounted in DT. Made the image using Alcohol 120 v1.9.2.1705 w/ profile SD2/3.

Comment

Originally Posted by Greatwolf
                              I keep getting the error msg: emulation software detected... when I try to run the game w/ the image mounted in DT. Made the image using Alcohol 120 v1.9.2.1705 w/ profile SD2/3.
                              Do you have any other burning software installed?
                              I hear that people with CloneCD installed have been getting this message.

Cheers
                              Goodnight Brave Warrior, Goodnight Monster-land..

Comment

Working...
                              X