• Show
Clear All

• theres no trayicon....?

Operating System: xp
    Burning Software: a
    Anti-virus Software: a
    DAEMON Tools Version: .46

hello

i got d-tools and after i install and reboot, i launch the exe but nothing happens, and theres no trayicon in the systray or anywhere

any tips? :wink:

Did you disable the task bar option to show icons of recently used programs only?
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

No tray icon

Operating System: Windows XP SP2
      Burning Software: Nero 6 Ultra Edition 6.3 (w/o the SP2 patch)
      Anti-virus Software: Norton Antivirus 9.05.15
      DAEMON Tools Version: 3.46

I used to work with Daemon-Tools 3.46 without any problem. Recenlty I upgraded to SP2. At first DT kept working but somehow the system tray icon got lost. I can't get it back not matter how often I remove and reinstall DT.

And, yes, I disabled the system tray auto-hide feature.

Comment

Operating System: XP
        Burning Software: Nero6
        Anti-virus Software: NAV
        DAEMON Tools Version: 3.46

I was having this problem as well. I was fiddeling around with trying to find out why. I dont have the TasyTray icons hidden, etc. Anywho, I brought up TaskManager and killed the Daemon.exe. Then on a hunch (from my 10 years as a computer technician) I started Daemon tool just from the exe. Low and behold, I have my tasktray icon back.

I know this may not work for everyone...but its worth a shot, and it might help the developer find a potential bug (I do a bit of programming myself so know the process ).

Comment

Originally Posted by Extell
          I was having this problem as well. I was fiddeling around with trying to find out why. I dont have the TasyTray icons hidden, etc. Anywho, I brought up TaskManager and killed the Daemon.exe. Then on a hunch (from my 10 years as a computer technician) I started Daemon tool just from the exe. Low and behold, I have my tasktray icon back.

I know this may not work for everyone...but its worth a shot, and it might help the developer find a potential bug (I do a bit of programming myself so know the process ).
          Good tip, unfortunately I have to repeat this at every reboot! An uninstall and install of release 3.47 also did not help. :cry:

Comment

Oh and I have to add, that on another system, where I did a clean install of SP2, I do not have this problem... :?

Comment

Operating System: Windows XP SP2
              Burning Software: Nero 6.1.20
              Anti-virus Software: Symantec 9.0.1400 CE (SP2 Compatible)
              DAEMON Tools Version: 3.47

Hi!

Did someone solve this "bug"? I got it too. This problem exists after a clean install of WinXP with integrated SP2. This problem is really bad.

CU

Wonko

Comment

Operating System: XP Pro SP2
                Burning Software: Nero 6.3.1.17
                Anti-virus Software: NAV 2004

I'm seeing this problem too. Unfortunately killing daemon.exe and relaunching it doesn't do anything at all. The systray icon never shows.

Comment

Something strange has happened. I suddenly have my tray icon back! Along with 1 or 2 other icons that had disappeared but that I wasn't missing. How this happened? It's not clear why, but it came back when I decided to install IIS (Internet Information Services). The first attempt to install IIS timed out however, so I removed IIS completely and reinstalled IIS again. It looks like I'm in business now! Weird...

Comment

/EDIT: Sorry, I was not complete in the previous message. I still have to click the Daemon Tools desktop icon to get the tray icon back. The difference is that I no longer have to kill the process "daemon.exe".

Comment

Another discovery. When I boot the system the tray icon still is missing. However, when I put the system in "standby" mode and then out of it again, the tray icon is there!

I sure would like to hear from the developers what they are going to do about this...

Comment

Operating System: XP Home SP2
                        Anti-virus Software: Norton AV Pro 10.0.1.13

I had this problem also. I just deleted the "-lang 1033" from the shortcut icon on the desktop. Works fine for me now. Hope this helps.

Comment

no icon

Operating System: xp pro sp2
                          Burning Software: nero 5.5.10.42
                          Anti-virus Software: nav 8.1

icon disappeared in sp2,tried to uninstall/install many times with 3.46/3.47 but did not work, stop auto start and autorun it,problem remained, I have to run it manual.

Comment

Originally Posted by Fahrice
                            Operating System: XP Home SP2
                            Anti-virus Software: Norton AV Pro 10.0.1.13

I had this problem also. I just deleted the "-lang 1033" from the shortcut icon on the desktop. Works fine for me now. Hope this helps.
                            Hey, this actually works! Why on earth is that??

Comment

Also corect autostart

Hi, folks.
                              I had the same problem and killing the daemon-task and restarting it without the "-lang 1033" solved the problem - the tray icon was back again.

If you do not use the autostart option it is enough just to remove the option at the desktop link. But if you like also to use the autostart option, I suggest you to remove the "-lang 1033"-option also in the registry under "LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Windows/Run" where the Daemon Tools are started after booting up windows and logging in. Make a double-click on the entry "Daemon Tools-1033" and modify the value and the Daemon Tools run normally.

Caution : In all probability enabling/disabling the autostart-option over the tray (options) does add/remove that registry entry mentioned above. This means that your modification would be overwritten after disabling and enabling again the autostart...

Comment

Working...
                              X