WC3:TFT problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WC3:TFT problems

My CD for TFT was starting to get scratched, so I made an image of it, .mdf/.mds files. And it used to work perfectly every time. But now it sometimes decides that I don't have the CD in the drive. If I restart my computer, it will run again. If I close wc3 and then try to open it again, it usually won't work. Other times, when I feel like playing, it also won't work. 30 minutes ago, it said it needed the CD in the drive, but when I tried just now, it worked again, nothing changed. Any ideas on what's going on?

Use your W3 ROC CD or CD image to run W3 TFT.
    And install the latest Daemon Tools version.

Comment

yea I've just recently (today) got that problem on my 2 computers that I use to play battlenet with. On one computer I use daemon tools. On the other computer, I use alcohol emulation problem. However, both computers use the same image (created from alcohol) and till now, both work fine (though the one using alcohol's emulation tools slightly more effective - ie less times showed randomly the "please insert cd box").

Is this because of a new battlenet patch that is identifying that I'm using an image rather than the cd (since both were working fine before)?

Do you think I should try re-imaging the cd and retry mounting it with a new image?

Comment

i just used alchohol to make an image with the securcom 4/5 profile, mounted it on daemon tools, turned on securcom emulation, and it worked like a charm.
        Failure is the mother of success.

Comment

Working...
        X