• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doom 3

Operating System: Windows Xp
    Burning Software: Nero
    Anti-virus Software: None
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.46

I am having trouble making a backup of my doom 3 Cds. I can install the game fine but once the game is installed and i try to run it a message pops up saying "CD/DVD emulation software has been detected. Please disable all CD/DVD emulation software and re-start the game. Now i have six computers and on 3 of them this message doesnt pop up, but the other three it does. The computer are exactly the same in everyway, and have all the same software. Can anyone help me fix this problem.

Check what software you've installed. SafeDisc probably blacklists e.g. CloneCD (tray/hide ATIP).
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

The only software i have installed is Clone CD And Daemon Tools, i tryed turning off the emulations with deamon and tryed with all of them on. but no change.

Comment

Try to disable CloneCD tray/hide ATIP, or to un-install CloneCD.
        Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
        They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Re: Doom 3

Operating System: Win XP Pro SP2rc2
          Burning Software: Clone CD
          Anti-virus Software: NAV 2004
          DAEMON Tools Version: 3.46

I just bought Doom 3 as well and went to play it and it spat the same error at me.

So far I've tried:

* disabling all emulation - no luck
          * disabling all emulation and exiting d-tools - no luck
          * disabling all emulation and virtual cd drives and exiting d-tools - no luck
          * removed auto start-up stuff for windvd software and clonecd along with the above - no luck.

I'm just about to try uninstalling d-tools to see if this works. Figured I'd check here first to see if there was an update to get around this, but it doesn't seem so yet

*Edit*

Ok well I uninstalled Daemon Tools (made sure the directory was nuked too) and it still wouldn't run (this is trying to just run Doom 3 from my CD in my cd burner drive!). I checked for anything else and saw I had UltraISO installed, so I removed that as well, still no go!

I'm going to try removing Clone CD next, and then after that I give up. Maybe it's the release candidate 2 of Win XP Service Pack 2 I have installed? :P

Comment

Ok, well it seems that (for me at least) it was the presence of Clone CD which Doom 3 didn't like one bit. Maybe its the virtual drive stuff of Clone CD causing it - but I'm not sure about that since I never installed that part of Clone CD.

I haven't tried re-installing Daemon Tools to see if Doom 3 will run, but I will eventually.

Comment

Ok, I've done some more stuff and it doesn't seem to be a Daemon Tools bug for me.

The problem with Doom3's protection is (for me), Clone CD. I even tried the current 5.0 beta as a fresh install and got the error. I had re-installed Daemon Tools just before installing Clone CD and was able to launch Doom3 - even with full emulation enabled in Daemon Tools.

The setting you want to toggle, if you've got Clone CD, is the Hide CDR thingy (accessable via the system tray program). Disable that, then even exit the system tray program if you don't use it (like me), and now Doom3 starts properly.

Comment

Working...
              X