Deleted Mounted images before Unmounting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deleted Mounted images before Unmounting

So i think i deleted a couple images before i unmounted them by mistake. now im stuck with these 2 unusable phantom drives. you double click one and it says "please insert a disk into removable disk (D" and the other one says "you need to format the disk in drive (H and then when you try to format it it says its protected. that being said, the problem with this is that im trying to mount a new image and my computer is saying that ive reached the maximum amount of virtual drives that i can have. so i uninstalled daemon tools to try to get that to work and it didnt. before i did that though i went to device manager and uninistaled all the drives that arent really in my computer and they left the device manager screen but they stay in the my computer screen and i still cant mount any new images even after installing the new daemon tools.

so, my question is, how do i get rid of these drives so i can mount images again?

Hello,

1. Uninstall DAEMON Tools via Start menu -> All Programs -> DAEMON Tools -> Uninstall menu item. Or remove DAEMON Tools folder.
    2. Download SPTD driver setup from Disc-Tools.com (SPTD 1.83). Uninstall SPTD using downloaded file.
    3. Restart your system.
    4. Start regedit.exe (standard system registry editor) and delete "HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\sptd" key. Correct key's permissions if it's necessary (via key's right-click menu).
    5. Restart your computer.
    6. Install DAEMON Tools.
    If your problems persists even after DT and SPTD removal it must be related to your other software.
    Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Working...
    X