Unable to add SCSI adaptor because drivers are not digitally signed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to add SCSI adaptor because drivers are not digitally signed

When I try to add a SCSI adaptor, it fails and tells me that Daemon Tools is unable to add an adaptor. Checking Device Manager, I see a controller driver attempting to install, but it fails because the driver is not digitally signed.

I fixed this problem by booting Windows in test mode, at which point I repeated the process and the driver "A4UR4YS3 IDE Controller" installed and a SCSI drive was successfully added. Strangely, I could not find the driver file at its stated location (C:\Windows\system32\drivers\a4ur4ys3.sys) - my initial idea was to use DSEO and digitally sign it. The driver is made by Disc Soft Ltd. and says it is not digitally signed.

My question is: is this a Daemon Tools problem, or is that driver being provided by my motherboard? I'm not sure where to start with troubleshooting so I can successfully add a SCSI drive when not in test mode.

My computer specs:
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
    Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-M PRO
    Disc drive: LG BH12LS38

I have confirmed that there are no upper or lower filters attached to the disc drive.

Thanks for any help!

Dear Customer,
    Please, try to fix it with help Fixit utility (Fix problems with CD or DVD drives that can’t read or write media). Also, remove sptd registry key as it is described in this guide Registry and SPTD problems | DAEMON Pro Help and reboot your system.
    Install SPTD driver manually from Disc-Tools.com and reboot your system again to load the driver.
    Then run SPTD installer again to check if the driver successfully installed (you will see text like "same sptd version was detected").
    Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Originally Posted by Takaji View Post
      Strangely, I could not find the driver file at its stated location (C:\Windows\system32\drivers\a4ur4ys3.sys)...
      The driver implements SSDT hooking and is hidden.
      For more information take a look here:

Plague in (security) software drivers - www.matousec.com

If you don't require advanced emulation (e.g. copy protection) you could uninstall the SPTD access layer (responsible for SCSI devices) and use the default DT Virtual Bus Driver instead. It creates so called DT devices - not SCSI.

btw. are you using any security software ? If so, which one(s) ?
      I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

SOLVED!

Originally Posted by Terramex View Post
        The driver implements SSDT hooking and is hidden.
        For more information take a look here:

Plague in (security) software drivers - www.matousec.com

If you don't require advanced emulation (e.g. copy protection) you could uninstall the SPTD access layer (responsible for SCSI devices) and use the default DT Virtual Bus Driver instead. It creates so called DT devices - not SCSI.

This is indeed a driver signature error within Daemon Tools Lite itself; specifically version 4.47.1 . I recently updated from an earlier version and lost my ability to add an SCSI device. I went through all of the SPTD support on the forums did many regedits, uninstalls, reboots, and re-installations with no security. All to come back to "Unable to add adapter" whenever I was at the point where I could try again. I eventually read a recent post that someone used an F8 boot and toggled off Windows Requiring Signed Drivers. (http://forum.daemon-tools.cc/f19/una...i-drive-32019/) Lo and behold after I toggled off driver signature checking, the SCSI device installed with no problem. The unfortunate part of the method is one has to do the F8 boot EVERY TIME or the SCSI device gets removed in a normal startup.
        So to fix this issue I've rolled back to DTL version 4.46.1 , that driver seems to be signed properly and I have no issues installing and keeping my SCSI device after a normal boot. Would love for you guys to fix this for 4.48 etc!
        I hope this helps! :-)

Alienware M17x
        Win7x64
        TrendMicro Titanium Max 2012 (Dislikes the spyware built into the installer, but not DTL itself)

Comment

Originally Posted by SUPPORT1 View Post
          Please, try to fix it with help Fixit utility (Fix problems with CD or DVD drives that can’t read or write media).
          No luck there; I tried again before the additional steps and nothing changed.

Originally Posted by SUPPORT1 View Post
          Also, remove sptd registry key as it is described in this guide Registry and SPTD problems | DAEMON Pro Help and reboot your system.
          Install SPTD driver manually from Disc-Tools.com and reboot your system again to load the driver.
          Then run SPTD installer again to check if the driver successfully installed (you will see text like "same sptd version was detected").
          I get stuck at step 7 of that guide when trying to replace ownership with my username. The error I get is "Registry Editor could not set owner on the key currently selected, or some of its subkeys." I'm not sure how to get past that problem. I have confirmed that my account is the Administrator account and has proper priviledges. UAC is disabled.

I am using Microsoft Security Essentials.

I require mounting a SCSI drive for emulation of a game system with specific requirements as to how the game image is mounted and read by the emulation program. I tried with using a DT drive first, but it failed. I'm hoping I can resolve this issue and not have to run Windows in test mode perpetually.

Comment

@Takaji
            As a workaround -if acceptable- you could permanently disable driver signature enforcement.
            Otherwise i would stay with v4.46 for the time being: http://www.filehippo.com/de/download...n_tools/14073/

btw. driver signing issue seems to only apply to x64 OSs.
            Latest DT Pro version is also affected.
            Last edited by Terramex; 01.08.2013, 14:48. Reason: Link added
            I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Originally Posted by The_Dipster View Post
              The unfortunate part of the method is one has to do the F8 boot EVERY TIME or the SCSI device gets removed in a normal startup.
              Not true, use DSEO to put your computer in test mode, restart, and it will stay that way until you use DSEO again to turn off test mode. Driver Signature Enforcement Overrider 1.3b

@Takaji
              Otherwise i would stay with v4.46 for the time being: Download DAEMON Tools Lite 4.46.1 - FileHippo.com

btw. driver signing issue seems to only apply to x64 OSs.
              Latest DT Pro version is also affected.
              I was using 4.47, I forgot to mention (actually I'm surprised nobody asked me about that!) - so I'll go back to using 4.46 for now until a fix is released! Thanks for your help.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you all for reports! Please re-download DTLite 4.47.1. New build 4.47.1.0337 has been uploaded.

Comment

The problem has indeed been fixed with the new version - thanks very much!

Comment

Working...
                  X