Windows Cannot Access Disk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows Cannot Access Disk

Whenever I try to mount an .iso image with DT Lite, and then open the drive with the .iso, I always get the notification 'Windows cannot access this disc. The disc might be corrupt. Make sure that the disc uses a format Windows recognizes. If the disc is unformatted, you need format it before using it.' I've mounted the .iso before with DT [it's sat on my computer for months now], so I know it's not the .iso's problem.
    I'm currently running Windows 7 64-bit edition.

Hello,
    Are you sure your ISO file is not corrupted?
    Is your problem reproducible for all images or for exact one?
    Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

In addition: where exactly is that image located (local, map drive etc.) ?
      Last edited by Terramex; 07.08.2013, 17:47.
      I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

I've tried mounting another image with the same results, so I'm sure the ISO is not corrupted.

The image is located on my computer's D: drive.

Comment

Can the ISO(s) be extracted with WinRAR (or the like) ?
          Let's hope it's no spreading data corruption/dying disk drive.

Sorry, just to be on the safe side: D: is no map drive ?
          Last edited by Terramex; 07.08.2013, 19:40.
          I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Yes, the ISO can be extracted with WinRAR, and the drive is not a mapped drive (if I'm correct on what a map drive is -- a drive that can be accessed by other computers on your network, correct?)

Comment

Originally Posted by Terramex View Post
              Can the ISO(s) be extracted with WinRAR (or the like) ?
              Let's hope it's no spreading data corruption/dying disk drive.

Sorry, just to be on the safe side: D: is no map drive ?
              This is one of the most recent posts online in regards to this issue. I'm running W7x64

I'm experiencing the same problem in which I can mount an image (I've tried 3 different programs including Daemon Tools, VCD, and Virtual CloneDrive by SlySoft). Explorer shows that there's something in the drive but it's inaccessible. You get "Windows can't access this disc".

You can access the ISO through 7-ZIP / WinRAR and extract anything in the iso.

Clues or suggestions?

Comment

What's the content of that image ?
                Other images are working fine ?

Comment

Originally Posted by Terramex View Post
                  What's the content of that image ?
                  Other images are working fine ?
                  Hey, Thanks for your quick response.

The content of the image could be anything both downloaded and self-created. I get the same behavior from any other images used.

I personally think that it might be the way the W7 is looking at VCDs and not a software issue.

What type of troubleshooting can we do to help determine where the issue is?

Comment

This issue is recurrent .

I have a desktop and a laptop, both use daemon tools and both eventually will get the "Windows cannot access this disk" message. I'm running Windows 7 x64 but this also happened on Windows 8 x64.

Once this issue occurs, nothing but a OS reinstall seems to fix the problem, i tried other mounting software like ultraIso, virtual clone drive, IM and none of those will mount a RAW partition DVD ROM which returns "Windows cannot access this disk" once you try to open it.
                    I have also tried to wipe SPTD by uninstalling and removing the registry keys but that does nothing too.

This is the fourth time that i have to reinstall my desktop and laptop because of this frustrating issue. There is no apparent solution for in on the web.
                    Any suggestions?

Comment

Working...
                    X