Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problems with SecuROM message and Wolfenstein DVD (2009)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with SecuROM message and Wolfenstein DVD (2009)

Hi,

I try to search in the forums for an answer to my problem, but I still have problems with SecuROM.

I have the latest DT Ultra 1.1, I create the DVD image using Securom profile, OLD SecuRom profile doesn't work at all. Try different speed and parameters, the image is created, but when I start the game, I have a message saying: "there's a incompatibility with my emulation software, disable it and put back the physical media."

My config
    - Windows 8 x64
    - Uninstall Kaspersky (I have the internal Windows 8 AV)
    - Latest SPTD (I don't know how to use it or enable it, but it's installed)
    - help!

Thank you

What kind of virtual drive have you used ?
    You need to mount in advanced mode and select SCSI or IDE Emulation.

If it still doesn't work use IDE Emulation and additionally tick Attach to physical device.
    Last edited by Terramex; 09.08.2013, 12:50.
    I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Thank you Terramex.

Here's the message I have after mounting the image with advanced mode (SCSI or IDE) and attach to physical device:

Merci d'insérer le disque original dans votre lecteur (1000). (Translation: Please insert the original disk (1000))

Voir SecuROM pour plus de renseignements. (check http:... for further informations)

Comment

That error means the Data position measurement of your optical drive wasn't precise enough.
        Either redo image creation with maximum DPM speed, or alternatively overwrite your existing MDS file with the attached one (which holds proper DPM data).

In case you currently have a MDX image, create a new one with MDS/MDF output format.
        As you're going to overwrite the MDS file it's enough to select the plain Data Disc profile this time.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Terramex; 09.08.2013, 14:09.
        I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Your are the king Terramex.

It's a little bit frustrating to spend so many hours to fine tune the thing (for a true legit paid game for real), but when it works ...

I follow your instructions: highest DPM, mount the image IDE emulation+Physical device.

Thanks again, have a nice week-end

Comment

My pleasure, have a nice one, too!
            Originally Posted by inukshuk View Post
            Your are the king Terramex.
            Nah, more like the jester

P.S.: this SecuROM version might also work without attaching
            Last edited by Terramex; 09.08.2013, 20:22.

Comment

Working...
            X