Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(X):/ is not accessible. Access is Denied.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (X):/ is not accessible. Access is Denied.

Okay so this problem sounds like an easy fix(it might be). But I have tried everything I can think of and posting on a form is my last resort.

What is happening is The error in the title appears whenever I attempt to access a drive(open it with explorer basically) however I can mount things to it with my Daemon tools lite I just cant open them.

Now for the annoying part. It seems to me I just don't have owner ship of this which should be an easy fix but I am an admin. When I access the security tab it says that under current owner [Unable to display current owner.]. It will not allow me to change the owner I get the same Access Denied as when I try and open it to with explorer.

One more thing I have tried changing ownership using the computers built in admin account with the same results.

I really need some help

Additional info you might like. This same problem happens with any new drives I make as I can also delete them. It doesn't help.

I have attempted using other virtual drive software (magic disc) Same results.

System info
    Wndows 7 home premium 64 bit service pack 1
    anything else you need to know just ask.

Thanks ahead of time I hope you can help me out.

Hallo, and welcome to the forums.

Does the key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}\Properties exist ?
    Is it accessible (it shouldn't) ?

Additionally, please download this tool: http://www.bustrace.com/downloads/devfilter.exe
    Run it, highlight your optical drive on the left, then highlight upper/lower filters on the right.
    Which filters are installed on your system ?
    I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Originally Posted by Terramex View Post
      Hallo, and welcome to the forums.

Does the key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}\Properties exist ?
      Is it accessible (it shouldn't) ?

Additionally, please download this tool: http://www.bustrace.com/downloads/devfilter.exe
      Run it, highlight your optical drive on the left, then highlight upper/lower filters on the right.
      Which filters are installed on your system ?

Thanks for the reply, but I managed to fix it last night. It was(as I expected) something stupid I managed to over look. I am not sure how it happened but the program SoftXPand was the cause of the problem. I swear I shut it off before and it didn't help. All I had to do though was disable it and access my disc drive. I re-enabled it and I can still access the drive. I am a little confused but SoftXPand has to be one of the buggiest programs ever, but it is the only program(I can find) that does what it does. Allows two people to use 1 computer as 2 computers. I love it and hate it at the same time.

Anyways thanks again for the reply.

Comment

Thanks for letting us know you got it sorted out
        I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Working...
        X