• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Every image I mount claims to be invalid/corrupt

Operating System: Windows 2003 Server
    Burning Software: Alcohol 120% 1.9.2
    Anti-virus Software: Symantec Corporate 9.0.338
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.46

Every image I mount (whether it is an SVCD or an application), Windows or the application claims the data on it is corrupt or unreadable. I know for a fact these images are not corrupt, and I've used IsoBuster to verify that they are not. Up until 2 days ago, everything was working fine, and nothing comes to mind that could cause this. :?

I mounted an ISO of Microsoft Office 2003 I had made earlier (I've used this ISO several times and never had a problem) in order to install it. However, when I tried to open the setup executable, I received an error stating it was not a valid win32 application. Assuming the image was corrupt, I opened up IsoBuster to extract the contents of the image - it extracted fine.

Puzzled, I then tried a few other software images I had backed up previously, I received the same or similar messages with all of them. Yet none of these images are corrupt. I tried mounting SVCDs, however, all applications were unable to play them.

I burnt a few of these images to a disk just to make sure I haven't gone insane :wink: and they were all fine. Still baffled, thinking Daemon Tools was at fault, I installed Alcohol 120%; oddly enough I received the identical problems. Ive uninstall, rebooted, and reinstalled both Alcohol and Daemon Tools several times. Now Im beginning to think there is conflict with something elsewhere. Ive spent hours trying to troubleshoot the problem, unsuccessfully I might add. Reinstalling the OS is a bit extreme and highly unnecessary.

I couldn't find any real relevant topics with an answer on the forum, has anyone experienced something like this before? If so, how did you resolve it? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.

I have the same problem...

Operating System: Windows XP SP2
    Burning Software: Alcohol %120 1.9.2 build 1705
    Anti-virus Software: Norton Antivirus 2004 10.0.1.13

I have exactly the same problem...
    Somebody please help us !!!

Comment

Operating System: Windows XP Prof SP 1
      Burning Software: Nero
      Anti-virus Software: Norton Antivirus 2004

Hi all,

I seem to have the same problem. It mounts .iso's and .bin's but when you use navigator to access the files, Windows says it can't read the disc, and that it might be having another file-format.

I never had this problem, until the 12th of August. And I don't seem to have SP2 installed yet.

Can someone help?

Comment

Unfortunately we don't know the cause of this behavior yet as we never could reproduce it. This maybe problem of some filter drivers (including antivirus) or storage drivers for devices hosting your images.
        This problem is under investigation status.

Comment

Same here...

Operating System: WinXP Home Edition
          Burning Software: Nero 6.0.0.0
          Anti-virus Software: Norton AntiVirus Professional 2004 10.0.1.13
          DAEMON Tools Version: v3.46

i've been using Deamon Tools like 3 years or so.
          this is the first time i run into this problem, please fix asap.
          Thanks.
          Tal.

edit: Windows Version: WinXP Home Edition SP1

Comment

Operating System: windows 2000 Serive pack 4
            Burning Software: Fireburner 2.1.7
            Anti-virus Software: none

100% same problem. Used daemon on my pc for 1 year + , now since rebuilding pc and reinstalling windows 2000 it wont work, eveyr single image gives errors while installing/watching. If i burn the images they work 100% fine. Installed apsi layer, removed all burning software, tried alcohol 120% (dame problem). Nothing fixes it.

Dawn annoying i hope someone has a work around

Comment

Well, if you re-installed your OS, maybe you installed some newer drivers on your "old" OS, you didn't re-install (yet)? E.g. some IDE drivers, RAID or something?
              Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
              They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Originally Posted by Copytrooper
                Well, if you re-installed your OS, maybe you installed some newer drivers on your "old" OS, you didn't re-install (yet)? E.g. some IDE drivers, RAID or something?
                Well Its a whole new system that i built, nforce 3 250gb rather then kt333 chipset, so yes totally new drivers all around :/ Thing is ive tried using windows default ide drivers and it did not help.

Comment

I think its a problem with the files we try to mount.

does anyone here with this problem trying to mount chessmaster 10?

Comment

Operating System: Xp Pro
                    Burning Software: Nero 6
                    Anti-virus Software: Mcafee 8 Ent

Never had this problem myself, surely some update u all mising!

Just go to Device Manager and check if there is any conflict or missing drivers (yellow ! or ?) and install new atapi drivers or 4.60 ones! microsofts own are not worth trusting! (is anything from microsoft worth trusting?)
                    On first day god created universe...on last day humans will destroy it!

Comment

Working...
                    X