Recover SafeDisc bad copies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recover SafeDisc bad copies

I was not aware that a few game CDs I copied were protected by SafeDisc 2.x, and therefore I did not use RAW DAO mode to copy those CDs.

Now I cannot find the original CDs and only have the bad copies. And they do not work for obvious reason. For example, the "autorun.exe" simply launches and exits silently.

I can create ISO images from those bad copies, and mount them through Daemon Tools Lite with SafeDisc emulation enabled, but still they do not work.

So my question is, is it possible to recover the bad copies through DTLite SafeDisc emulation, so I can still run "autorun.exe" and install the games?

No, it's not possible in my opinion. Your copies lack data, there is no way to get them back from nowhere. The easyest way to fix your issue is to redo your copy from the original using the good profile.

Comment

Thank you pseudo555. Do you mean the data these bad copies lack are required by SafeDisc 2.x to decrypt the game executables, therefore, Daemon Tools Lite even with SafeDisc emulation turned on, cannot do anything about it?

Comment

Working...
      X