Upgraded to Windows 8 without uninstalling DT and SPDT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgraded to Windows 8 without uninstalling DT and SPDT

So after having troubles installing DT Lite i searched the forums and found that upgrading to Windows 8 without first uninstalling SPDT and Daemon Tools Lite will wield some issues. While trying to install DT I get an appcrash error while the install is at the "Installing core components" phase. SPDT doesn't fully install either, it gives me a message to reboot my pc yet the program does not show up in my programs list. I have removed left overs of SPDT from my registry and am not not sure how to proceed. Assistance will be much appreciated.

Event Viewer Error:
    Faulting application name: Au_.exe, version: 4.47.1.337, time stamp: 0x4bc06cda
    Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.2.9200.16384, time stamp: 0x5010ac2f
    Exception code: 0xc06d007e
    Fault offset: 0x00014b32
    Faulting process id: 0x1690
    Faulting application start time: 0x01cea384a61d02b2
    Faulting application path: C:\Users\SHADOW~1\AppData\Local\Temp\~nsu.tmp\Au_. exe
    Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\KERNELBASE.dll
    Report Id: e67107d9-0f77-11e3-be78-c0f8dae349bf
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

Hello,

Probably, such issue can be caused by third-party software incompatibility. Please, run “Problems Reports and Solutions” in Windows Control Panel. There, search for this problem, and the exact date when it started.
    Then, run “Programs and Features”, again in Windows Control Panel, and search for the softwares, I’ve installed just before that date.
    You can find software, caused this problem.
    Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Working...
    X