• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can't assign driver letter

Operating System: Windows XP Pro + sp1a
    Burning Software: N/A
    Anti-virus Software: N/A
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.46

(I used Daemon 3.46 on my XP Pro before and loved it.)

I recently reinstalled XP pro + sp1 and then added Daemon Tools 3.46. During installation, there jumped out a hardware installation wizard looking for "d346drv SCII controller" but I couldn't find the driver for it. That wizard disappeared by itself a little while after.

Then I rebooted and ran DaemonTools. It looked fine but I couldn't assign any driver letters to it -- the dialog box simply flashed away and remained empty in the driver letter input.

I have tried unistalling and reinstalling it for a couple times. Never solved the problem. Please help. Thanks!

This probably means MS catalog files with digital signatures on your PC are broken.
    In the device manager try to force standard driver for virtual CDROM from cdrom.inf that is supplied with OS.
    This problem may be fixed by uninstalling/reinstalling service pack - maybe you want to install SP2 anyway.
    Note that you must un-install Daemon Tools to install service pack!
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Fix?

Interesting. Is there are way I can fix it. I've played with PC for several years and use registry and so on a lot.

Thanks for your reply!

// Is the current SP2 release good for individual users? I might just wait.

Comment

Fix it as mentioned
        Check drivers in device manager for virtual drives. There should be cdrom.sys, storprop.dll and redbook.sys. If they're missing, try to install via cdrom.inf supplied with OS.
        Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
        They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Thanks! I've got it fixed.

Comment

Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition SP1
            Burning Software: no
            Anti-virus Software: DrWeb 4.31b
            DAEMON Tools Version: 3.46

I have same troubles. I tried to do everything(reinstall dt, reinstall drivers, copy cdrom drivers from other computer, change drive letters, add number of drives), but nothing fix the problem. I don't know when it happened, other people worked on it computer. Now no other emulation or cd-burn are programs installed.
            Please help me.

Comment

Working...
            X