Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Computer reboots when updating or uninstalling. Also can't mount images anymore.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer reboots when updating or uninstalling. Also can't mount images anymore.

Any help? Recently I was hit with a virus so I cleaned away quite a lot of infections from my computer. However, after all that, my Daemon Tools Lite wasn't working properly anymore.

What used to be things like "M:/" or "L:/" in my Virtual Devices tab is now replaced by Add SCSI Virtual Drive, which doesn't work or doesn't do anything. So I thought about reinstalling or updating hoping it fixes the issues, but when I do, the computer gives me a BSOD and then reboots or just skips right to the reboot.

Hello,

Please describe the problem more detailed in step-by-step view.
    Specify full version number of DAEMON Tools and your Operating System version.
    Write exact text of the error message. Make some screenshots which will help us to understand the problem.
    Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Originally Posted by SUPPORT1 View Post
      Hello,

Please describe the problem more detailed in step-by-step view.
      Specify full version number of DAEMON Tools and your Operating System version.
      Write exact text of the error message. Make some screenshots which will help us to understand the problem.
      There is no error message. The computer just reboots every time I attempt to uninstall or update. I'm not kidding, the screen just goes black and the computer restarts.

Daemon Tools version 4.402 on Vista.

Prior to my cleanup. That option above wasn't there. It used to be things like "M:/" or "L:/". Whenever I try to click on it nothing happens. So now I can't mount any images.
      Attached Files

Comment

I believe I have narrowed down the problem. My computer reboots whenever it says "Updating Virtual Devices".

Comment

Hello,
          Please, uninstall old version of DTLite and try new DAEMON Tools Lite 4.47. Will be problem reproducible?
          Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Working...
          X