I can't install sptd because it says i got active antivirus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't install sptd because it says i got active antivirus

Hi, i recently find daemon tools unable to mount any virtual drive and after searching i
    think it's a sptd issue. While installing sptd i get the error "system file write error.
    Disable possible antivirus applications"and "sptd setup error code 16"right after.
    I alredy deleted sptd from the REGEDIT following yours guide i found on the forum but
    reinstalling sptd gives me the same error.i tried with other mounting programs and i got the same problems(sorry for that ).
    I'm sure i disabled all the antivirus/antimalware/antispybot because i deleted most of them, deactivate windows defender and disabled avira.when i try to create a virtual drive i get the error "daemon tools pro error in driver 1500"(translated from italian).I use daemon tools lite.
    I run windows 7 64bit on a intel core i3-380m,4 gb ddr3 memory.
    Hope i gave you all the needed informations and sorry for my bad english.

As the forum provides more of an additional/secondary user-to-user support please also contact
    the official support team with reference to this thread.

Please attach or share your zipped "C:\Windows\inf\setupapi.dev.log" file.

Additionally, please download this tool: http://www.bustrace.com/downloads/devfilter.exe
    Run it, highlight your optical drive on the left, then highlight upper/lower filters on the right.
    Which filters are installed on your system ?

Also please try this Microsoft FixIt solution, reboot
    Your CD or DVD drive can't read or write media
    I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

So there's some more info:with the program devfilter i found no drive filters in my optiarc ad-7585h(no upper or lower).I found those:setupapi.dev.20130515_184656 and setupapi.dev.20130803_205433 but no .log file.i attached them (or at least i think so, the manage
      attachment button is confused as i am).If it don't work can i share them with google drive?the microsft fix it didn't solve my problem.thank you for our help

Comment

The log file has to be zipped. But as there is no setupapi.dev.log there seems to be no device installation issue. Skip that for the moment.

Please attach/upload a zipped Autoruns arn file (no installation required).
        I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

I sent it as an e-mail. if can't read it i'll have to find out how to make work the attachament thing.

Comment

Just start the Autoruns.exe and wait until the Scanning is finished.
            Then select File->Save... in the menu bar. Now zip the resulting Autoruns.arn file.

Comment

Sorry but i'm unable to attach it. when i hit the manage attachments button it enters a page where i should put the autoruns.zip file but if i try to drag it it just downloads him from browser(strange).The only thing working in that page is the ? button in the upper right that tells me wich kind of file i can use .I see no other way to give you this file beside link it in google drive or posting it extended. Excuse me if i'm in error

Comment

No problem with Google drive, but the Autoruns.zip you've uploaded doesn't contain the AutoRuns.arn analysis file

Just out of curiosity, which browser are you using ? Any add-on blocking JavaScripts ?
                Last edited by Terramex; 23.09.2013, 20:03.

Comment

Ok, got your new link. But when i follow that link i'm asked to log in

Comment

sorry for the delay i was't home lately.now you should be able to take the file.however i'm using google chrome and the only add-ons im' using are adblocker and pop up blocker

Comment

Working...
                    X