SPTD v1.84 + DaemonTools Lite v4.47.1.0337

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SPTD v1.84 + DaemonTools Lite v4.47.1.0337

Hello, i have Windows 8.1 Pro x64 installed and i have some problems with latest SPTD and DaemonTools Lite v4.47.1.0337.

I've installed the latest version of SPTD:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	1.png
Views:	1
Size:	14.8 KB
ID:	194226

It's saying it's compatible with Windows 8.1. The problem is, after installing this new version of SPTD, Daemon Tools can't see it installed..

Name:	2.png
Size:	190.6 KB
ID:	194227

But, if i run again the SPTD installation, it's installed:

Name:	3.png
Size:	3.3 KB
ID:	194228

Is there a way to fix this? Thanks in advance!

DAEMON Tools Lite 4.47.1 is not fully compatible with new SPTD 1.84. If you use Windows 8.1 and you need SCSI/IDE devices, you can try DAEMON Tools Ultra trial version. Otherwise, use DTLite with SPTD 1.83 for now.
    New DAEMON Tools Lite version will be released next month.

Comment

Good to know, thanks for you answer

Comment

Originally Posted by Sway View Post
        New DAEMON Tools Lite version will be released next month.
        Thanks. A Windows 8.1 compatible version is what I am looking for too.

Comment

Any idea when the Lite version will be released? Hope before my 20-day trial expires (of the Pro version)

Comment

Originally Posted by Jeoh View Post
            Any idea when the Lite version will be released? Hope before my 20-day trial expires (of the Pro version)
            I recently upgraded to Windows 8.1 and was using the latest DT Lite with SPTD 1.83. The
            upgrade literally removed the VD and when trying to install it said it's incompatible. SPTD
            1.83 doesn't work on 8.1. All efforts are futile.

I suffer the same issue. Windows 8.1 Pro with latest version of DT Lite with SPTD 1.84.
            SPTD installs but when trying to create a SCSI VD it says SPTD needs to be installed. Install, reboot. Wash rinse and repeat.
            Oddly enough the latest PRO version works fine. The problem for a lot of us is we use
            DT Lite to mount games in Hyperspin. Almost all modules require a SCSI VD and
            only works with DTlite so I'm kind screwed until this incompatibility is addressed. I would assume it can;t be that hard to make DT Lite compatible since you already have
            the Pro version working OK with Windows 8.1?

Comment

Hello,

As Sway wrote early, we do not guarantee that current version of DTLite is work properly at new Windows 8.1 OS. Full Windows 8.1 supported DAEMON Tools Lite software will be released this fall.
              DAEMON Tools Pro (Standard and Advanced) with full Windows 8.1 support was already released (https://www.disc-soft.com/products). You may use 20-days Trial version of DT Pro, before DTLite new version release.
              Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Working...
              X