X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daemon Tools won't reinstall

Operating System: Windows Xp Professional 2002 Service Pack 2
    Burning Software: nero
    Anti-virus Software: none (but scan every once in a while)
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.46

I've been having a few problems with installing stuff recently, and after reading a bit, I saw that SP2 doesn't like daemon tools. SP2 installed without a hitch, but in the Add or Remove Programs window the name "Daemon Tools" was removed from its place right of the icon. I was still able to mount stuff (movies mostly), so I thought nothing of it. I installed office 2003 with daemon tools (cd drive got busted on this comp) and it worked just fine. The problems were with doom 3 and far cry which wouldn't install.(only games I've tried) I uninstalled daemon tools using the uninstallation guide, and afterwards it failed to reinstall. The instant it seems to have finished its install, (the blue bar is full and the close button can be seen) my system reboots. After computer startup, it shows the message "product not installed." It also says "product not installed" whenever I type "daemon tools" into an explorer address bar. Is SP2(non-beta) the problem, or what? I'm thinking my busted cd-drive may also be causing trouble, but I was able to install office 2003 perfectly. I really don't want to reformat since I'd have to buy a new cd-drive first. (Gotten used to just mounting things with daemon)

Hmm... it wasn't SP2. It was the starforce drivers. Guess it just made it worse under SP2

Comment

Working...
    X