Installing DaemonTools came with a browser hijacker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing DaemonTools came with a browser hijacker

Yeah, it's called "Dosearches." I had no idea what it was so it was a pain in the ass for me to remove. Why include that? Also, I read a thread that says it installed even though they chose "no" or "skip" (as it says) on the prompt during installation. Why do that?

Screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/2osdbAw.png

I also started getting popups and I found that thing that was causing it on Add/Remove Programs, but as for the Dosearches, I had to right click on the desktop shortcut and delete everything past the ".exe" aside from the quotation in the end. Then I had to reset my browser.

I also scanned with Malwarebytes, my anti virus (security essentials), and spybot search & destroy. It found stuff that relates to browser hijackers.

I feel betrayed... My feels...

Hello,
    3rd party software installation is entirely optional. You can uncheck corresponding options in installation wizard, and nothing will be installed together with DAEMON Tools Lite.
    Also you can disable your Internet connection during installation to prevent any offers, or run a silent installation: Installation command line parameters | daemon-help.com
    And of course, paid version of DAEMON Tools Lite does not contain any partner offers.

All offers installation is absolutely optional. Installation process has been tested by our qualified QA team. No issues found. Make sure you cancelled all offers during DAEMON Tools Lite Free installation. Pay attantion that some partners (OpenCandy, BetterInstaller) can show 2 offers.

If you have some issues, please send us (support-eml@disc-soft.com) a video of installation process. We will take appropriate steps.
    Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

I was actually getting depressed because I've been using Daemon Tools for years and this is the first time its ever happened. I thought you guys became one of those companies that trick people into downloading malicious stuff.

But thanks for the response. Gets rid of my doubts.

Comment

Originally Posted by SUPPORT1 View Post
        Hello,
        3rd party software installation is entirely optional. You can uncheck corresponding options in installation wizard, and nothing will be installed together with DAEMON Tools Lite. ...
        It seems like you're admitting that dosearches is one of the 3rd party software options included with DAEMON Tools Lite.

Dosearches isn't ordinary software. It's virulent, nasty malware! It doesn't appear in the uninstall list, keeps reinserting itself in all browsers when removal is attempted, and is almost impossible to get rid of.

(BTW I declined all optional software installation and still got this malware. I had to restore my hard drive from a backup to get rid of it.)

Comment

Hello

Thank you , we will take them into account about "Dosearches" issue.
          Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Originally Posted by SUPPORT1 View Post
            Hello

Thank you , we will take them into account about "Dosearches" issue.
            Thank you.

If you remove dosearches from your download, please post here so I will know it is safe to install your useful software again.

Comment

Working...
            X