• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does not mount last session of CD-Extra

Operating System: Windows 2000
    Burning Software: NTI CD-Maker 2000 Standard Edition 5.1.8
    Anti-virus Software: Norton AntiVirus 7.61.934
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.46

I have an .mds image of CD-Extra. The 1st session is 43 tracks of Audio only, and the 2nd (and last) session is a single track of Mode 2 Form 1.

When I click on the virtual drive from Explorer (the w2k file manager), I got "V:\ is not accessible. Incorrect function." Error box. IsoBuster 1.5 can see all audio tracks from 1st session but is unable to see the file system from the 2nd session. Windows Media Player can play all audio tracks from the 1st session.

I know the image is correct. After mounting the image from Daemon, I can use NTI to burn a fully working CD, and my CDROM drive can mount the last session correctly. Also, IsoBuster 1.5 can see the 2nd session's file system as well as all audio tracks from the 1st session.

Roxio url http://www.roxio.com/en/support/cdr/...onhistory.html seems to imply this behavior is with older CDROM drives not properly supporting multisession CD if the 1st session is not CDROM-XA.

I've no problem to mount mds of CD-Extra, so audio tracks followed by mode 2 form 1 data track should be no problem. Could be a problem with that number of audio tracks though.
    Which Alcohol version did you use to create the image?
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Someone else created the .mds. I just found out it is version 1.4.2.

When you said ok, did you mean Explorer actually displays the files (not audio .cda files) in the virtual drive? Those files should come from the Mode 2 Form1 file system in the XA session, at least that is what my physical CDROM shows.

As I indicated in the 1st post, Daemon did mount the image such that the virtual drive was the source of a sucessful CD-burning run. The burned CD has been read properly by my physical CDROM to show the files. So, I guess the image itself is correct, and Daemon at least correctly sourced the raw bits.

Comment

When you said ok, did you mean Explorer actually displays the files (not audio .cda files) in the virtual drive?
        Yes, and I'm able to run the program without any problems.
        Please try to re-create the image with a newer Alcohol version.
        Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
        They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Working...
        X