• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Device setup error: Code 25041

Operating System: XP Pro/ SP2
    Burning Software: Nero 6.3.0.2
    Anti-virus Software: AVG
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.46.0

evening all.. had a question regarding this error msg i keep recieving when trying to reinstall..

Device setup error: Code 25041 [0x61D1], 80 [0x50].

installer rolls back and will not let me complete the install process.. any help and/or ideas on how to correct this would be greatly appreciated.

thanks.

m

Operating System: Windows 98 Second Edition (4.10.2222)
    Burning Software: None installed
    Anti-virus Software: McAfee VirusScan (version unknown)

I have this problem as well, and I have never had Daemon Tools installed at any point. For me, the error reads:
    Device setup error: code 25025 (0x61C1), 3(0x3).

Comment

Interesting - what lets you suppose your problem is SAME?
      Or you think 25041 is same as 25025? Strange math;-)
      Never post to same thread if you have other error.

25041 means in fact that setup could not copy miniport driver file into System32\Drivers folder: CopyFile API reported error 0x50 on your PC which means that file is already existing. You need check what is going on.

25025 error means setup could not create file in Windows\INF folder because path does not exist. System is definitely screwed.
      Try to disable antivirus software or check your configuration.

Comment

Operating System: windows xp sp2
        Burning Software: nero 6.3.1.20
        Anti-virus Software: kav 5.0.149
        DAEMON Tools Version: 3.46

I have the same device setup error 25041,80 and i would like to now which file is already existing. I will delete it and retry the installation.

Thanks

Comment

Read good my post above:
          It is "miniport driver file".
          Its actual name can be any: depending on what you have chosen during setup.

Comment

Device setup error: code 25041 (0x61D1), 80 (0x50).

Operating System: Windows XP / SP2
            Burning Software: No burner software
            Anti-virus Software: Norton Personal Firewall 2003 & Norton AntiVirus 2004

I'm experiencing this problem also.. :?

I uninstalled DAEMON Tools today because I needed to install SP2 and it was giving me an "atapi.sys in use" error. So I did some research and found out that by uninstalling DAEMON tools, this problem would be solved. However, this was not the case, and I found myself having to rename "atapi.sys" to "atapi.shit". :wink:

So now SP2 is installed and working, but DAEMON tools isn't (and I currently need it to play one of my favorite games of all time :lol. How can this error be resolved?

/Zred

Comment

Probably Daemon Tools was not completely removed during un-installation due to some problem on your system. Check thread about error 25002 in common problems and solutions forum to remove leftovers, reboot, then try to re-install.
              Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
              They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Operating System: Windows XP SP1
                Burning Software: CloneCD 4.2.0.2
                Anti-virus Software: AVG Free Edition 7
                DAEMON Tools Version: 3.47.0

I am having the exact problem

DEVICE SETUP ERROR: CODE 25041 (0x61D1), 80 (0x50). CONTACT YOUR UPPORT PERSONEL.

All very well to tell us what the problem is, but how do we fix it??? Please, do tell. I uninstalled Daemon tools, becuase after i installed a new version, all my old virtual drives were still there, even with daemon not running, and I couldn't change them. I had to go in device manager and delete the drivers manually. Then I try to install 3.47.0 and it gives me this error. How do we fix it?

Comment

You just have to read the answers given!
                  Originally Posted by VeNoM386
                  25041 means in fact that setup could not copy miniport driver file into System32\Drivers folder: CopyFile API reported error 0x50 on your PC which means that file is already existing. You need check what is going on.
                  Originally Posted by Copytrooper
                  Check thread about error 25002 in common problems and solutions forum to remove leftovers, reboot, then try to re-install.
                  Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
                  They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Working...
                  X