Windows 8.1 - SecuROM issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 8.1 - SecuROM issue

After upgrading to Windows 8.1 and installing SPTD 1.84 and DTTools Pro 5.4 (both clean installs, of course), it seems that SecuROM emulation isn't working well anymore. On Windows 8 / SPTD 1.83 / DTTools Lite 4.47 there were no issues, simply create a SCSI drive, mount the image, enable SecuROM emulation and off we went, but now it's detecting emulation software again. The ISO has been properly burned and works on Windows 8 / Windows 7.

Are there any log files I can check for troubleshooting?

Hello,
    Please describe the problem more detailed in step-by-step view.
    Write exact text of the error message. Make some screenshots which will help us to understand the problem.
    Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

@Jeoh
      I take it that you're talking about a very old SecuROM version as you were using an ISO image + SecuROM emulation option before.
      Or do you mean an MDS/MDF image when saying "ISO" ?

What's the name of the protected software ?
      How many virtual drives are currently active ?
      I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Originally Posted by Terramex View Post
        @Jeoh
        I take it that you're talking about a very old SecuROM version as you were using an ISO image + SecuROM emulation option before.
        Or do you mean an MDS/MDF image when saying "ISO" ?

What's the name of the protected software ?
        How many virtual drives are currently active ?
        Yeah, MDS/MDF image, sorry.
        The executable name is Groenwin.exe, it's a software package for learning Dutch (software is called NVB Tekstboek). With the SCSI drive with SecuROM emulation enabled, the error it gives me is error 2700. With the default DT drive, the error it gives me is 13000. In the past, Daemon Tools was not detected.

Only one virtual drive is active.

Comment

If still active (though no DT drive is present), please disable the DT Adapter in Virtual Device Manager and try again in a SCSI device.
          Additionally: if the DVD region of the SCSI isn't set yet then try again with a region set; the other way round: if it's already set change it to 'not set' and try again.

If you have the Advanced version of DT Pro please also try in an IDE device for test purposes.

btw. the SecuROM emulation option is not required. It's only of use for veeery old, imperfect SecuROM backups.
          Last edited by Terramex; 25.10.2013, 13:49.
          I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

same problem

I seem to be having the same problem and none of the methods have helped. I've attached a screen shot for reference.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (17).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	193553
            any help would be appreciated.

Comment

Windows 8.1 x64 SPTD 1.86 Conflict with Securom detected (Securom 7)

Even am facing the same problem under windows 8.1 x64 (clean Installation). Same software what bayblade is using.... I get Conflict with securom detected 2700 message. Tried the latest sptd 1.86 x64, tried in compatibility mode as well. with Dlite latest version. Am thinking as windows 8.1 has a built in *.ISO and *.img reader this might be creating the conflict but funny thing is Alcohol 52% seem to mount these *.mds files with securom 7. could you please provide a solution for this.

Comment

Work around

Hi just an update. Using Daemon tools pro Advanced 5.4.0.0377 SPTD 1.86 and tried attaching SCSI drive to the physical drive and no more conflict with emulation software message. Any permanent solution without attaching to the physical drive would be really appreciated. Like just select securom mount the drive and run....

Regards,
                PropClear

Comment

Working...
                X