• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daemon tools will not install, just blue screens

Operating System: WINXP Professional SP2
    Burning Software: None
    Anti-virus Software: None
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.46

When I attempt to install D-Tools 3.46 it runs through the instal, and gets right to the end and then blue screens. I've tried probably 5 times now and every time it does the same thing. After it blue screens the machine reboots and I have to go through the manual process of deleting all fo the d346 refrences from the registry etc.

Is this because I have service pack 2 installed? Are there any fixes?

I'm running an Athlon 64 3200+ , could that be an issue?

Please let me know!! I can't live without D-Tools!

System:
    Microsoft Windows XP Professional
    Version 2002
    Service Pack 2

Computer:
    AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3200+
    2.22GHz 1.00GB of RAM

Operating System: Winxp sp2
    Burning Software: none yet
    Anti-virus Software: none yet
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.47

I have a machine here that is a 64 bit 3200 with SP2 install and am having the exact same issue (blue screens and reboots). It's a fresh install of OS.. The only thing I installed is Cubase, Winrar and some drivers before trying to install DT..

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Or as a last resort, perhaps somebody could reccommend similar image mounting software I could use for the time being.

That being said, DT has served me well for years.. A truely kick ass program.

Thanks!

Comment

@psalm:
      Please try v3.47.

@both of you:
      Try to replace /NoExecute=OptIn option in boot.ini with /NoExecute=AlwaysOff.
      Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
      They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Eggs,

I have basically the same setup as you and was blue screening on install. Once 3.47 came out I thought it would fix it, but I got the same result.

It ended up being some anti piracy software drivers on my machine... Starforce it's called. I did a search for uninstall starforce on google, just to see if that -might- be the problem, I had no idea they were even on the machine, and found a program to remove them. Ran it, it said it had to reboot to finish removing and then 3.47 intsalled fine after I removed all of the left over crap from the registry/drivers folder in windows.

Anyway, do a search for that program, it's on the guys website that make the starforce anti piracy crap. if you don't have them on the machine it will say so when you run the program.

Comment

Originally Posted by Copytrooper
          @psalm:
          Please try v3.47.

@both of you:
          Try to replace /NoExecute=OptIn option in boot.ini with /NoExecute=AlwaysOff.
          I managed to get mine working two days ago (finally ) Thanks Copytrooper.

Comment

Well, for the Starforce problem it's usually helpful to send us minidump for analysis, and meanwhile we've a nice thread about BSOD in SCSIPORT.SYS in our common problems and solutions forum including links to Starforce update and removal tools. :mrgreen:
            Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
            They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Originally Posted by Copytrooper
              Well, for the Starforce problem it's usually helpful to send us minidump for analysis, and meanwhile we've a nice thread about BSOD in SCSIPORT.SYS in our common problems and solutions forum including links to Starforce update and removal tools. :mrgreen:
              Yep, that's how I ended up fixing it (just reading over everyone else with the problems posts). My initial post here was made.. Aug 22nd Just never got a response until now hehe.

Comment

Working...
              X