Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CD/DVD emulation software has been detected....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CD/DVD emulation software has been detected....

Operating System: WinXP
    Burning Software: Nero ; clone CD
    Anti-virus Software: Mc Affee
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.33 (used to)

CD/DVD emulation software has been detected. Please disable all CD/DVD emulation software and re-start the game

well, i guess this kind of message is known to you guys.

I installed daemon tools to be able to play without having to insert to physical CDs.
    But after trying to install Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow (honestly bought at an official retailer), the game simply won't start and gives the message above instead.

I tried to uninstall Deamon, but the message remains and I still cannot play. :cry: :cry:

Question :
    - could the message be caused by another software (i don't have so many "not for basic PC users" softwares installed;-))) ? I have read in the forum Clone CD ? but it has nothing to do with a CD/DVD emulation software !
    - then if Deamon is guilty of it, I'd like to get rid of it. is there a chance to completely clean up the computer of every trace of it, in order to avoid banning problems ?

thx for your help

Question :
    - could the message be caused by another software (i don't have so many "not for basic PC users" softwares installed;-))) ?
    yes. Especially as I know for sure that SplinterCell PT and DT 3.46 works
    like a charme

I have read in the forum Clone CD ? but it has nothing to do with a CD/DVD emulation software !
    Try to uninstall CloneCD, the trouble is caused by one part of CloneCD,
    why else do you think did we recommend to uninstall it if this issue occur
    and CloneCD is installed?

then if Deamon is guilty of it, I'd like to get rid of it. is there a chance to completely clean up the computer of every trace of it, in order to avoid banning problems ?
    After deinstallation of Daemon Tools there are no known banning-problems.
    And btw: I would strongly recommend to upgrade to last version of
    Daemon Tools (actual:3.46), as your version is outdated (3.33)

Comment

hi,

seems like i have been unfair to you and to DT ! :oops:
      thx for your quick reply
      :mrgreen:

Comment

Emulation software detected

Operating System: WinXP Pro
        Burning Software: Nero, CloneCD
        Anti-virus Software: Norton
        DAEMON Tools Version: 3.47

An easier way than reinstalling and uninstalling CloneCD the whole time is to use regedit to export the following key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Slysoft

Then delete the entry. Now your game should work, to use CloneCD again simply use the file you exported.

Worked for me with Far Cry

Comment

Working...
        X