Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DT is rebooting my Windows 2000 Pro System!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DT is rebooting my Windows 2000 Pro System!

Operating System: Windows 2000 Pro
    Burning Software: Nero Roxio
    Anti-virus Software: AVG from time to time
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.46

Trying to get Daemon Tools to run on my system. During the install the system hangs then gets a blue screen with some small text at the top of the screen and reboots itself. I then get several Invalid Device errors when booting into windows. Sometimes I will be able to uninstall it, sometimes I cannot (it will reboot itself again).

I noticed that after an install it added a SCSI Cd-Rom in my device manager. I'm not sure if this is standard or not.

I am running a Plextor DVDR PX-708 with updated Firmware.

I am also running a Lite-On LTN486S 48X

I tried to disable the Lite on and re-install and it did the same thing. Did I come to the forums to early? Is the DVD-R causing the problems? Is it an IRQ issue? What can I do?

<xxx_x> lucid: no set your dvd writer to take addresses d-z
    <xxx_x> and it will p&p and be fine

My drives are labeled D and E so I dont think this is an issue, but this is the only input I was able to find on my own.

Please help,

Lucid
    :? :? :? :? :?

Check if you've minidump in WinNT\Minidump folder we can check, if so send newest file related to that BSOD with reference to this thread to support@daemon-tools.cc :idea:
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Sent an email, waiting for the reply.

Thanks,

Lucidious

:? :? :? :?

Comment

You've well known problem with Starforce drivers. Try to un-install the game and remove all Starforce drivers, or try to update the game to latest patch.
        Starforce tools available:
        Update
        Remove
        Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
        They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Working...
        X