• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• virtual drives NOT disabled after dt uninstallation

Operating System: win xp pro sp1
    Burning Software: alcohool 120% proof
    Anti-virus Software: norton anti-virus 2004
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.46

After I have uninstalled DT, both of the virtual drives I had used still show up. I've tried uninstalling the drivers under device manager, but the drives reappear after each boot.

I've tried to re-install DT, hoping that uninstalling it again may fix this, but installation gives the following error code:

Device setup error: Code 25041 [0x61D1], 80 [0x50].

In what is very likely a related issue, Alcohol 120% left its own virtual drive on the system after uninstallation. None of this impedes my system's functionality (I can, after all, just disable all these faux virtual drives under device manager) but I'd like to resolve the problem nonetheless.

Thanks in advance,

harm

Check thread about error 25002 in common problems and solutions forum to remove leftovers from Daemon Tools installation.
    There is a thread about the removal of Alcohol leftovers in the Alcohol support forum, too.
    Be sure to reboot after the procedure(s)!
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Originally Posted by Copytrooper
      Check thread about error 25002 in common problems and solutions forum to remove leftovers from Daemon Tools installation.
      thank you very much, & i apologize for not checking for appropriate threads before posting my questions.

harm

Comment

Working...
      X