CloneCD or Blindwrite?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CloneCD or Blindwrite?

I'm just wondering what all of you think is better. By looking at it they both seem to be pretty much the same. Are there any advantages to using one over the other or is it mainly a matter of preference? Thanks.

Consider also Alcohol 120% Clone CD is now outdated in my personal view... it cannot backup many of new protections...

Comment

Well, I already have Alcohol 120%, But i've heard from a few sources that CloneCD handles 1:1 copying better. Maybe they're just full of it. So do I really need to bother with anything else if I've got Alcohol? Thanks.

Comment

LOL - there's nothing CloneCD can do, Alcohol couldn't do better :lol:
        Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
        They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

I suggest you using blindwrite ... it is one of my favourites...
          but you need to download some profiles ...!!!

Comment

where do u get the profiles from

Comment

Google is your friend
              Win2k3 & OSX Intel, 2GB DDR400 P4 2.6@3.55 H2O, 7800 GTX @480/1250 H2O, 1x74GB Raptor, 8x400GB RAID5

Comment

UltraIso

Comment

Agree about Alcohol 120% being best, I've also tried CloneCD and CopyToDVD. Alcohol does all CDs better, and also DVDs (if you need this). BTW, Alcohol incorporates BlindWrite as its writing component already, so you don't need that separately, it's the same thing.

Comment

Well, a lot of Half-Truth-Suggestions in this thread.

I'm just wondering what all of you think is better.
                    It depends on:

• what copy protection you wanna handle and on which medium (CD/DVD)
                    • do you want images or burnt CD-Rs
                    • your reading drive
                    • your CDR drive

Example:

You've got a secuROM *new* Game on CD and your HW is:
                    Toshibär reading drive
                    PlexPremium writing drive

Soft: Blindwrite v.4.5.7

Then you can do an almost 1:1 copy of the Game that starts in every machine without emulation crap. :mrgreen:

So, you see..... there are approximately 10 cases,,,, so you'll need more than just only one burning APP.

• Old SafeDisc >> CCD
                    • new SafeDisc (on CD) >> CCD or ALC120, on DVD >> ALC120
                    • secuROM (on CD) >> Blindwrite v.4, on DVD >> Blindwrite v.5
                    • secuROM (on DVD) >> new ALC120 version (only EMU copy)
                    • VOB protect >> ALC120
                    • exotic crap >> ALC120, Blindwrite or CCD
                    • StarForce: forget about it. :mrgreen:

In special cases, like "Act Of War" (DVD9, secuROM *new* v.7), you may also have a look at VirtualCD v.7.

:wink:

Comment

Originally Posted by MikeSantana
                      BTW, Alcohol incorporates BlindWrite as its writing component already, so you don't need that separately, it's the same thing.
                      I seriously doubt this is true.
                      Originally Posted by The Duke
                      Old SafeDisc >> CCD
                      new SafeDisc (on CD) >> CCD or ALC120, on DVD >> ALC120
                      secuROM (on CD) >> Blindwrite v.4, on DVD >> Blindwrite v.5
                      A120% has no problems whatsoever with old Safedisc. I am not sure why people insist the CloneCD does this better.

Don't forget that with default options CloneCD will burn new Safedisc with emulation enabled.

Remember that by default SecuROM 4+ copies done with Blindwrite are also emulation required copies.
                      Goodnight Brave Warrior, Goodnight Monster-land..

Comment

Plz, help me to delete hidecdr funtion installed by cdclone, i deleted cdclone, but this crap is still on, as one said that's the reason it gives me an error "emulation software has been detected" when i have no burning software.
                        DOn\'t know i guess it went fine

Comment

You may take a look to THIS
                          thread.

BTW: I found that thread by using the search-function! Although we really want to help people here, we also strongly suggest to invest some own "work", too.
                          It can't be that we answer the same questions over and over again. The answers are already there, you only have to LOOK for it.

Don't blame us when we start to ignore questions like these. I ALWAYS will from now on recheck if answer was already posted - help us to keep the
                          more or less high quality of our content up-to-date!!

Comment

Working...
                          X