Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• d347bus.sys locking WinXP SP2

Operating System: Windows XP SP2
    Burning Software: none (fresh install a few days ago)
    Anti-virus Software: Norton Anti-Virus
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.47

I tried to install SP2 today, and the first (required) reboot went fine, but after a second reboot the screen went blank after the loadup screen (right before login-window appears).

After some doing, I found out that it was the d347bus.sys that was locking up the system, so I renamed it to d347bus.bk.sys and all is fine now.

I did not install anything else than SP2, so I can only conclude that there is some incompatibilities between them, but I leave that up to you to figure out

Well.... I have installed SP2 since RC1 and never had a problem with dtools.. neither with v3.47 nor with v3.46...

Comment

OK, even though I installed nothing else, and renaming the file fixed it, I guess it was just my mistake. We all know that all computers are exactly the same anyways, so pay no attention to this post. Nice bug report feature though, you seem very interested.

anyways, bye.

Comment

we ARE interested, but as you already fixed the prob for you, we take care
        of more important parts. SORRY we don't immediately respond to you

Comment

Same prob here

Operating System: Win XP Pro SP2
          Burning Software: None
          Anti-virus Software: None

Installed 3.47 on a fresh XP install after upgrading my PC (Athlon XP2800+, Abit NF72-SG with NForce 2 Ultra 400, Radeon 9800 Pro). Install went fine and first install from mounted image (Doom 3) went fine (MDS-image) but on the second ant third try (Farcry - MDS, Thief 3 - B5T) I got a BSOD during install stating an error in d347bus.sys.
          After removing SP2 and going back to DT3.46 everything works again.

Comment

Check if you've minidump related to that BSOD, if so please send it to support@daemon-tools.cc for analysis.
            Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
            They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

NForce 2 Drivers incompatibility

Operating System: Windows XP SP2
              Burning Software: Nero V63117
              Anti-virus Software: Norton 2003

I have been plauged with problems getting Daemon tools to run ever since I upgraded my motherboard. My system consists of a Duron 1gig, 512 RAM, and a motherboard that is based on the NForce2 chipset. Turns out that Alcohol runs into the same problem. Here is what I have found.

For some reason, the NForce2 IDE drivers is causing some problem with the drivers for Daemon-Tools (esp 3.47 and 3.46). I have discovered this by removing the IDE drivers for NForce2 and the application runs fine. I reinstalled XP, loaded SP2 and am still having no issues.

This is something that should be passed around, especially to those who have a motherboard based on the NForce2 chipset who loaded the IDE drivers for that NVidia supplies.

Comment

Working...
              X