• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• v3.46 & v3.47 blue screen

Operating System: WinXP Pro SP1
    Burning Software: Nero 6.3.03
    Anti-virus Software: Norton Corp v8
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.47

On my laptop (WinXP Pro SP1) I keep getting the BLUE screen of death since I installed 3.46. I tried installing 3.47, same thing. I removed Daemon tools via the control panel and reinstalled 3.47 and I still get the blue screen. I see the blue screen when I attempt to change the number of devices (I like to have four drives) and when I mount an image and attempt to use it Im informed that there is no cd or the format is bad. In the forum I see a post that look similar:

I have no games installed, Im running Norton Corp AV v8, Ad-Aware SE Plus v1.03 and tons of other applications and the install seemed to go OK

About two weeks ago I sent my system dump to support@daemon-tools.cc but as of this date no reply.
    jgt

Please re-send, there was a problem with our mail server. Send it unpacked or RAR'ed with reference to this thread.
    Sorry for any inconvenience.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Your system is crashing inside kernel without any obvious reason and DT is not involved here at all (it happens when new thread is started by some application).
      I suggest you uninstall DT, reboot and run Driver Verifier to test all drivers in system.

Comment

Boy did this take a wrong turn for me. I ran verifier.exe and found five drivers that are not signed. When I ran with the "all" option I get a blue screen but I was able to go into SAFE mode and reset the options for verifier and turn it off. While reading about "verifier" I found something about "sigverif" so I ran it as well and it found a ton of unsigned drivers. I renamed three of the five drivers originally verifier found and I reran verifier now I'm in a loop with the blue screen and cannot boot to safe mode. I'm trying to recover with the "recovery console" but it does not look good at this point. If I cannot find a way to reset verifier.exe I fear that my only option will be to reinstall WinXP Pro and start all over. This is a real bummer!
        jgt

Comment

If you run in safe mode then verifier is DISABLED! Strange what happens.
          Have you already removed Daemon Tools?

Comment

Yes, I removed DT before I ran verifier.exe - I'm caught in this blue screen loop. When I ran verifier a screen pops up telling me that I must reboot for the changes to take place. When I reboot I get the blue screen. I tried selecting safe mode but I still get the blue screen (I tried all options given to me and they all produce blue screens). I booted off my WinXP Pro CD went into recovery mode but there is very little you can do in this mode. I created a new MBR and tried other things I could do in recovery mode but nothing seems to help. It looks like it is time to reformat and start all over.
            jgt

Comment

Working...
            X