• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Driver letter assigned but no virtual drive in explorer

Operating System: Windows XP Home sp1a
    Burning Software: Nero 6.3.1.17
    Anti-virus Software: Norton 2004
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.47

I've checked out the forum and found that people had a similar problem but mine is a little different.

First of all, I usually used Nero ImageDrive for ISO purposes but today when I enabled ImageDrive, no virtual drive would appear in explorer, and though I could mount the ISO for Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, it would not autorun and when executing the game it asks for a cd.

So then I figured okay, D-Tools always worked on my desktop so I downloaded the new version and installed but STILL no virtual drive in explorer.

1. Yes it's listed in device manager and says it's working properly.
    2. Yes I have the three driver files I'm supposed to.
    3. Yes it's a good ISO

I don't think the problem is with my ISO because I was able to "explore" it with ImageDrive. My problem is that virtual drives are not correctly setting up on my laptop. I didn't have this problem before I formatted and reinstalled Windows a few weeks ago.

Other software I have that is CD/DVD Rom related: AnyDVD, CloneDVD, Intervideo DVD Copy2, DVD Shrink, DVD Decrypter.

I'm not sure what is causing this problem but there HAS to be some sort of solution because I was able to establish a virtual drive on this very computer a month ago give or take.

Check common problems and solutions forum. :idea:
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

yeah that didn't help.

i found the "lower filters" thing and deleted it after making a backup file, rebooted, and it didn't work. there was no "upper filters" thing in my registry.

i uninstalled AnyDVD and CloneDVD, still didn't work.

i uninstalled the virtual drive from device manager and did the "scan for hardware changes" thing and it was reinstalled but still doesn't show up in explorer.

i am able to manually browse the virtual drive in explorer using the address bar, but when i double click the game's "autorun" and it starts up, it asks for a cd.

this game doesn't require a no-cd crack from what i've gathered...it only needs a crack if you're using a backup cd. but in this case i'm using a 1:1 ISO from my own legitimate game cd.

any other ideas?

Comment

ISO won't work for KOTOR, you need image with DPM data (Alcohol or Blindwrite) due to SecuROM protection.
        Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
        They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Working...
        X