• Show
Clear All

• Blue screen in 3.47 and "virtual SCSI driver not detected" in 3.46

Operating System: Win XP Prof SP2
    Burning Software: NERO 6.3.1.6
    Anti-virus Software: Norton Antivirus Prof 10.0.1.13
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.46|3.47

I had v. 3.46
    When I tried to install 3.47 version I've got a blue screen concerning some kind of scsiport.sys file driver. OK, I removed after rebooting 3.47 and tried to install 3.46 once again - installation went OK, but after rebooting I've got a "Virtual SCSI driver not detected" error message.

How can I install it manually?
    Or what is the problem?

Do you have any games installed protected by Starforce? If so uninstall and remove all Starforce drivers.
    Also check if you've minidump in Windows\Minidump folder related to that BSOD, if so send it to support@daemon-tools.cc for analysis.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Update:
      I tried to install again v. 3.47
      Again got a bluescreen concerning scsiport.sys but a moment before I've seen a message "Installation completed successfully"

When restarted DaemonTools simply didn't load but I'va checked registry values and files - they are OK - dt347prt and dt347bus are in system32/drivers and in registry too.
      When I tried to run D-Tools from its dir it's replied "No language support detected"

Can somehow correct the problem without reinstalling winXP?

Comment

Thanks for the reply.
        Yes, I have 3 games with StarForce protection.

How can I remove StarForce drivers after uninstalling the games?

Comment

Problem is caused by Starforce drivers - either un-install or update.
          Starforce tools:
          Update
          Remove
          Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
          They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

damn, you're fast just 1 second before I could answer

Comment

OK, pals, thanks for your help!

After uninstalling IL-2, A.I.M. and Perimeter (all have StarForce) and uninstalling StarForce, I successfully installed v.3.47.

2Moderator: Problem solved. Topic can be closed. Thanks.

Comment

Operating System: WinXP SP2
                Burning Software: none
                Anti-virus Software: Symantec Antivirus Corporate Edition v9.0.0.338
                DAEMON Tools Version: v3.47

Hi,
                I'm getting the same problem on my pretty fresh system. I've only installed a few basic apps like firefox, winrar and textpad etc and I get this BSOD, the only way around which is to do a system restore to the last good point. A minidump thing doesnt appear to be generated. I tried the starforce remover or whatever it was called and it reconed there wasnt anything there. Any clues?

thx

john.x

Comment

Ok, I tried again to see if I can get it to make a minidump, but it doesn't. I'm guessing this is because the only way I can get back into windows is by doing the last known good configuration. All of the safemodes create the blue screen as well, and if I push escape to stop loading the dt346bus.sys (if i remembered the filename correctly) it just turns off my pc!

:'(

john

Comment

Working...
                  X