Clear All

• Problem Deactivating SCSI Device

Operating System: WinXP SP1
    Burning Software: Alcohol
    Anti-virus Software: none
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.46

HI,

I have encountered something strange...
    Every now and then when a program needs to be run from the first cd drive I just deactivated the Daemon SCSI Controller Device in Device Manager.
    Now this still works, but Daemon's drive won't go away in explorer and apps. It will however be removed from Device Manager (when the controller is disabled). When I reboot it's gone.
    When I don't reboot and reactivate the controller, then Daemon grabs a new drive letter (probably because the one it should have is somehow hanging).
    I don't know when this started, but it worked before (maybe with earlier D-Tools Versions)

BTW: I have renamed the Drive Name and the Controller Name, the Manufacturer/Vendor and the miniport names of both Daemon and Alcohol
    Only non standard filter showing up is PxHelp20.sys (probably the Sonic component of Winamp 5)

Drives will stay in Explorer if some application has open handles on them.
    You need deactivate all them.

Comment

Ah I thought of something like that. Can it be that the Alcohol or D-Tools drivers themselves open the handles? Only thing I found is the System Symlink ( \GLOBAL??\<CDLETTER>: ) opening 1 handle.
      Or does XP only use GUIDs for handles on drives?

Comment

Working...
      X