• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• removing virtual drives from Win XP SP2

Operating System: Windows XP SP"
    Burning Software: Nero 6.20
    Anti-virus Software: Norton 2003
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.46/3.47

I have a peculiar problem and am stuck as to how to solve it. I had upgraded my windows Pro to SP2, everything seemed fine untill I tried to play CoD (before I get flamed I do own the original), The image was loaded as normal but I was getting an incorrect disk message. After struggling and failing to get it working I checked the forum and downloaded version 3.47 of Deamon. This still didnt work so I removed all virtual drives in the device manager and rebooted and they all came back. So then I removed all software that could affect my device manger concering the drives, i.e. Nero, Deamon Clone etc. ran a reg cleaner to make sure all traces wer gone. Removed the devices again and deleted any scsi reference in device manger.

Rebooted and they are back again, so if anyone has any idea on how to remove these virtual drives so I can start again I would be grateful, I know I can reformat but thats is really a last resort becuase of all teh software I have and having to install everything again some of which may be hard to source now.

Any help would be gratefully recieved.

Check thread about error 25002 in common problems and solutions forum to remove leftovers from previous Daemon Tools installation(s).
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Thanks copytrooper

Comment

Working...
      X