• Show
Clear All

• Emulation Not working

Operating System: Windows XP SP1
    Burning Software: Alcohol 120%
    Anti-virus Software: AVG
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.46

Hello

I have been trying to backup a game called freelancer. I made a image using alcohol 120%.

When i try to play the image from daemon tools (with safedisc emulation active) it still ask for the original CD. Freelancer uses safedisc 2.7 copy protection.

Can anyone tell me why the safedisc emulation is not working?

possible solution:
    most safedisc-protected games run only from the drive from which the game
    was installed from. Search in registry and change the driveletter to dt-drive
    or reinstall the game from mounted image in DT-Drive.

Repost here your results, please

Comment

Sorry about the delay in my response.

I uninstalled the game and installed it using the image.
      This did not fix my problem.

I am not really comfortable with the registry so i did not try the other suggestion.

Also this is not just a problem with Freelancer, Emulation does not seem to work with any image i make, i have tried 4 differant games that use safedisk of one version or another.

I will try the other emulations to see if they work next.

Comment

If you've appropriate image you don't need emulation! Which program and settings did you use to create the images?
        Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
        They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

have a perfect 1:1 raw image mounted with DT but the program still requests "Insert CD"

Operating System: Win XP SP1
          Burning Software: CloneCD
          Anti-virus Software: ZoneAlarm (the best!)
          DAEMON Tools Version: 3.46

Hello everybody.

I had a similar problem with the program "World Atlas Encarta" (not a game). I applied the suggestion of LocutusofBorg, i.e. "most safedisc-protected games run only from the drive from which the game was installed from. Search in registry and change the driveletter to dt-drive...". I search in my registry, found the appropriate key, changed the letter of my CD/DVD player/burner to the appropriate DT-Drive letter and I WAS DONE ! My Encarta work now like a charm...

Thank U 4 your help and keep up the good work.

Comment

My antivirus

PS: My antivirus software is not ZoneAlarm, which is a firewall. In fact, I wanted to say Antivir is my antivirus. Sorry for the mistake.

Comment

This sounds like

Operating System: XP SP2
              Burning Software: Alco, Nero, CDRWIN
              Anti-virus Software: McAfee Enterprise 7.1
              DAEMON Tools Version: 3.47

This sounds more like a problem with your Rom Drive/Burner NOT being able to make enough of a good copy. It has to copy a certain extent of the copy protection/errors etc., even for emulation to work. 8) Upgrade your Burner maybe?
              IMHO
              isepiq

Comment

Working...
              X