mounting images on mapped/UNC drives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mounting images on mapped/UNC drives

I'm running Win2K Server w/SP3. I am mounting a drive on my network (also Win2K Server SP3);
    INSERT INTO `portal_posts_text` VALUES
    and when I try to mount an image located on that drive, I get the following error: "Unable to mount image. Unable to open file in kernel mode." If I use the UNC path \\computer\folder\image.iso, there is no problem ... I have tried this with a bunch of different image files and on different computers, always the same error - it only works if you give it the NON-mapped path.
    I'm using the latest version of daemon-tools, 3.29. Other than this, this util is perfect ... just thought id help point out a lil bug.
    Thanks for the great app!

I cannot reproduce your prob - I always mount network images from W2K
    via mapped drive. Where are your images located? You have any antivirus running? Maybe that matters?

Comment

I am running Mcafee Netshield v4.5 ...

Comment

So try to remove it and check.

Comment

I too experience the same problem with Win2K Adv Serv SP3.

When mounting an image from F:\, G:\, or another similar mapped network path, error message "unable to open file in kernel mode".

When mounting an image from a path like \\computer\share it works fine.

Does not happen on either of my Windows XP machines.

I can post a screenshot if you like.

*edit*: No virus scanner software is running in the background.

Comment

Huh, this is weird. I received the same error "Unable to mount image. Unable to open file in kernel mode." when trying to mount a UNC path (Navigated to the path by copy/paste from an open explorer window: \\servername\some\dir) and this is on version 4.30.1

Anyways, I then left my seat for 2 minutes, came back and tried again and it worked. And it just works now

Comment

Working...
            X