Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DT Lite, Power ISO, Alcohol120 all broke!! can't mount anything anymore!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DT Lite, Power ISO, Alcohol120 all broke!! can't mount anything anymore!!

I've been using DT Lite foreer as well as Power ISO.
    I was installing some games with DT Lite and then when I tried to install another one, it wouldn't mount! so I uninstalled , reinstalled and still cannot get either one to mount anything!!!!

I have no idea what went wrong, but all I was doing was installing games.

I'm on W7 SP1
    using: DTLite4471-0337

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please first try this Microsoft FixIt solution:
    Your CD or DVD drive can't read or write media

If that doesn't solve the problem please try to manually delete upper/lower filter as described here (Resolution):
    The CD drive or the DVD drive does not work as expected on a computer that is running Windows Vista (also works on Windows XP & 7).

btw. is your physical optical drive working ok ?
    I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

thanks for the reply. the MS fixit solution doesn't seem to work. I will try the other one.
      yes the drive works just fine with any type of cd, dvd, game, etc.

Comment

As your real drive is working fine I'm afraid that the manual fix probably won't work as well.

The games you were installing before don't mount anymore ?

Would you please create a image of any CD/DVD with DT lite: Creating disc image | daemon-help.com

Can this be mounted ?
        Last edited by Terramex; 30.10.2013, 19:28. Reason: typo
        I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

ok I'm trying the second method. I found the registry key but in the instructions it says "Right Pane" "Left Pane" to delete the filters...I'm not seeing this.
          should I just delete the key itself?

I'm on W7 SP1

thanks

Comment

basically ALL functions for ANY mounting software just isn't working. I was just installing a game after another one and when I went to install the next one, that's when all of a sudden it just wouldn't mount. I've tried PowerISO and even Alcohol120...none of them work.
            and as I said the drive does work.

so should I just delete that whole registry key? what will happen if I do??

thanks

Comment

It will be automatically recreated after reboot - with fixed load order.

Click image for larger version

Name:	upperfilters-lowerfilters.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	198.7 KB
ID:	193543
              Last edited by Terramex; 02.11.2013, 18:11.

Comment

well I did as mentioned and.....nothing. STILL wont mount.
                how do I fix this? I rely on DT so much I really need it to work...!!

Should I try reinstalling? I've already tried that several times

the only message I got when rebooting was something about teh registry being changed and to re-install iTunes...whatver that means

what other methods are there that I can use??
                I've NEVER had this problem before...

Comment

Still looks like a filter driver issue.
                  Try to (re)install the GEAR driver - (required for e.g. iTunes):
                  Driver updates - GEAR Software

Additionally, please download this tool: http://www.bustrace.com/downloads/devfilter.exe
                  Run it, highlight your optical drive on the left, then highlight upper/lower filters on the right.
                  Which filters are installed on your system ?

Comment

ok I will try your suggestion
                    FYI: I just updated to the latest version of DTLite and it still is not mounting, and I'm getting that message about re-installing iTunes...

I 'll try your method and let you know what happens...

thanks for all the help

Comment

As the forum provides more of an additional/secondary user-to-user support please also contact
                      the official support team with reference to this thread.

Please attach or share your zipped setupapi.dev.log file from C:\Windows\inf.

Comment

using the devfilter software there were NO upper or lower filters for both the virtual drive and the cd drive on the pc....
                        I just used the GEAR software, let me re-boot and see what happens...

Comment

nope neither one worked. I'm still getting that message about re-installing iTunes, which I guess I'll have to do...but DT still wont mount...!

I'm getting really frustrated....this has never happened before, and like I said, this happened after the 3rd game I was installing and then BAM it just quit mounting for no reason...

HELP!!!!!!!!

Comment

well i found out that i can mount an image by double clicking it, and THEN it shows up in DT.

also I'm still getting that message that the cd drive registry entry is not found and to re-intsall itunes..which i did and still gives me that error message.

I'll look for that file and try the other forums as suggested

Comment

ok i've submitted my question to the official support forum as mentioned

i'll let you know what they say when i get a response back

Comment

Working...
                              X