• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daemon Tools with more than 4gigs memory with /PAE switch in boot.ini

Operating System: Windows 2000 Advanced Server
    Burning Software: Nero
    Anti-virus Software: Norton
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.47

Daemon Tools Virtual CD is causing Windows 2000 Server to BSOD when there are more than 4 gigs of memory present.

The system with 8 gigs of ram and enabled by turning on /PAE switch in boot.ini file blue screens with ST3Wolf lock up on OS load.

Without using PAE and using only 4 of the 8 gigs of ram the BSOD does not occur.

Please try v3.47, the Daemon Tools drivers you mentioned are obsolete! Or did you name the drivers ST3WOLF.*?
    Btw you don't get BSOD, if you enable PAE mode without Daemon Tools?
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Yes there is a problem

Your tool is broken with over 4 gigs of Ram with PAE enabled in boot.ini

I tried the latest three revisions and everyone of them cause a bluescreen with more than 4 gigs of ram.

The drivers are WHQL microsoft verified but they are not capable of operating with more than 4 gigs of ram.

I have opened an issue with Microsoft so they can write a KB article to inform customers of the problem. It should be an easy enough fault for you to recreate in your test labs to root cause the issue.

In addition, you are correct, I ran OSdebugger to pin it down to Daemon Tools. The Blue Screen does not occur with Daemon Tools uninstalled.

Your tool is a popular blade server tool amongst enterprise servers due to the fact that there are no internal cdroms or floppies. Furthermore there is a 38% take rate on 4+ gigs for enterprise level servers so I am confident that you will want to address this problem as soon as possible.

Thanks,
      Max

Comment

BTW if you want to check the driver fixes use the following

In Windows ( any flavor)
        1) Start
        2) Run
        3) Type in "Verifier"
        4) Hit enter
        5) The Microsoft Verifier Gui will load.

You should be able to work it out from there. Verifier is a Kernel based driver verifier in Windows to check for third party driver problems.

Comment

Thx for the report, I'm pretty sure our developer is smart enough :mrgreen:
          Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
          They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Working...
          X