Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (Free version) The latest update broke my DT

Hello,

I've just tried to install update for DT Lite. I was prompted to do it by a pop-up just after my system booted up. Unfortunately the update came with malware, or as creators of that "something-something-optimizer" would most likely prefer me to say, a very useful optimization tool. My security software did agree with me, though, and both Avast antivirus and Comodo Firewall went crazy during installation. As a result, my installation is now broken.

DT crashes right after system boots up. I'm unable to uninstall it in any way because the process crushes every time. With some trouble, I was able to uninstall the "optimizer" thingy. I was sure I disabled it in DT's setup...

Anyway, how do I uninstall DT? I tried the " How to remove DAEMON Tools V4?" thread, but I do not have the file specified there in my system. Could you please tell me how to remove my current installation and if it's possible, install a new free version without malware?

Hello,
    Try to delete DAEMON Tools Lite installation folder manually, like described Removing DAEMON Tools Lite manually | daemon-help.com online-help.

We have several legal partners to monetize our freeware. Such services recommend users to install 3rd party software (toolbars, search engines or some useful software) during DAEMON Tools Lite installation. BUT it is absolutely optional. You can uncheck appropriate options in installation wizard, and nothing will be installed together with DAEMON Tools Lite. Also, you can disable your Internet connection during installation to prevent any offers. And of course, paid version of DAEMON Tools Lite does not contain any partner offers.
    Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Working...
    X