• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• burner // dvd rom isnt working

Operating System: Windows XP
    Burning Software: Nero
    Anti-virus Software: Norton
    DAEMON Tools Version: newest

i installed daemon tools about a month ago and now that i want to reformat my computer i noticed that neither of my drives are there. i tried uninstalling but that isnt helping. i cant reformat if neither of them are reading cds lol. someone please help me solve this problem

If you "really" re-format, your drives will be accessed on BIOS level first, so it should be no problem.
    You probably have some problem with filter drivers, so you can check out thread related to missing drives in our common problems and solutions forum, too.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

i put my disk into my cd rom drive and restarte. nothing happened but went through the boot up screen. i goto my computer and only have 4 dvd drives that are asking me to insert a disc. i put the disc into my dvd rom and it still isnt reading. i tried uninstalling daemon tools and then i have no devices in my computer but my c:\ drive

Comment

i tried http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/port...opic.php?t=498 and it still doesnt seem to be working. this happened when i installed daemon tools i hope someone can help

Comment

If you re-format, you usually boot from cd.

Comment

yes but how am i do i boot from cd if my cd-rom isnt working?

Comment

If your cd-rom is not present at BIOS level, it's NOT Daemon Tools fault. Check BIOS, cables 'n stuff.

Comment

Working...
              X