Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Driver doesn't install properly

Hi all,

I decided to install Daemon tools since my laptop's actual DVD drive stopped working (not sure why, it's just not being detected by the computer, but that's another issue).

But when I installed Daemon tools (Lite) it says the DTSOFT Virtual CdRom Device driver failed to install.

And when I try to add a DT drive, the same error appears and it says "Unable to add virtual device"

And when I try to add a SCSI Drive it adds one as far as Daemon Tools is concerned, but it's labelled as invalid, doesn't show up in My Computer and I can't mount ISOs to it.

Any help is greatly appreciated, Thanks

Originally Posted by spammo View Post
    ...not sure why, it's just not being detected by the computer, but that's another issue.
    Maybe it's the same issue.
    Please first try this Microsoft FixIt solution:
    Your CD or DVD drive can't read or write media

If that doesn't solve the problem please try to manually delete upper/lower filter as described here (Resolution):
    The CD drive or the DVD drive does not work as expected on a computer that is running Windows Vista (also works on Windows XP & 7).
    Last edited by Terramex; 02.11.2013, 18:13.
    I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Originally Posted by Terramex View Post
      Maybe it's the same issue.
      Please first try this Microsoft FixIt solution:
      Your CD or DVD drive can't read or write media

If that doesn't solve the problem please try to manually delete upper/lower filter as described here (Resolution):
      The CD drive or the DVD drive does not work as expected on a computer that is running Windows Vista (also works on Windows XP & 7).
      Well you were right the issues were linked,
      The first solution didn't do anything, still couldn't detect DVD player

But the second solution somehow fixed everything, allowed Daemon Tools to work and somehow also let my computer find the DVD player again

Thanks a lot!

Comment

Great! I'm glad I could help
        I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Working...
        X