Serious failure of new DT v4.48.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serious failure of new DT v4.48.1

I recieved the update notice of DT v4.48.1. I installed it fine and said no to the Gadget that it installed anyway. Upon trying to use it, it never showed up either in the tray or processes. So, I went to uninstall it and it won't uninstall. Went to the site here and downloaded it to reinstall and it said, "Daemon Tools Failed To Uninstall." Now I can't do either uninstall or install. The new Daemon Tools is a complete failure.

Win7 x64 service pack 1
    No burning or other emulation software than what comes with Win7
    MS Security Essentials
    Mobo; EP45C-DS3R
    CPU: Q9550
    Chipset: North Bridge: Intel® P45 Express Chipset/South Bridge: Intel® ICH10R
    Memory: 4GB Kingston DDR3 1333

Me too.

I had the same problem on two Windows 7 x64 machines. Destop and laptop, both AMD. Used System Restore to go back to the previous version. If that fails then there are instructions for manual uninstallation at this link.

Removing DAEMON Tools Lite manually | daemon-help.com

This sort of needs to be fixed.

Comment

Confirming for both Windows 7 64-bit and Windows XP SP3: Updating to DTLite 4.48.1-0347 leads to permanently crashing Au_.exe during login, trying to start the image manager, and even during a deinstallation (which stays incomplete).

My solution so far:

Delete the whole DAEMON Tools Lite installation folder; reboot; install DTLite 4.48.1-0347 "new".

The whole manual removal procedure, as linked by GRUMPY_BA5TARD, was not necessary, but you may prefer being sophisticated.

Comment

Working...
      X