Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SecuROM 7 detect Daemon Tools after update to Windows 8.1

Hi,

I use Euro++ Sprachkurs Deutsch (MDF/MDS images). Program exe - EURO.EXE (DiskDe.exe responsible for SecuROM)
    When I was on Windows 8 i was mounting CD image in SCSI drive and all works fine.
    But after update to Windows 8.1 (and SPTD 1.8.4) i get error:
    Emulator detected!
    Please deactivate virtual drive and emulation software.
    I emulate only one drive.

(P.S The same is with Alcohol 120%)
    Thanks for help

If the DVD region of the SCSI device isn't set yet then try again with any region set; the other way round: if it's already set change it to 'not set' and try again.

Which DT version exactly are you using ?
    I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

I tried region 1, region 2, 'not set' option. Nothing has changed.
      I use latest Daemon Tools Lite 4.48

Comment

What's the exact SecuROM version in the DiskDe.exe ?
        Use e.g. this tool to find out: BurnOut | Free Audio & Video software downloads at SourceForge.net

Even if not active/in use: do you have other virtual drive/emulation software installed ?
        Last edited by Terramex; 11.11.2013, 21:09.
        I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

SecuROM 7.33.0015
          I unistalled any other emulation software.

Comment

I don't have Windows 8.1, but i've asked the team to test that very SecuROM version in Windows 8.1.

Maybe something was messed up with the Windows upgrade; have you already uninstalled and then reinstalled DAEMON Tools & the SPTD driver ?

If you want to you can also test the official SecuROM removal tool and retry after a reboot:

If that doesn't help you can delete the reg key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\MountedDevices\ and retry after a reboot.
            Deleting that key usually is a safe procedure, but drive letter changes done in Disk Management will be reverted. So maybe there will be cosmetic work to do after that.

To be on the safe side you can backup that reg key and create a restore point (especially if you have a multi-boot system).

...or you can wait for some feedback from the team , maybe there is a general blacklist issue.

EDIT: you can also test SPTD version 1.86 released yesterday
            Last edited by Terramex; 14.11.2013, 15:55.

Comment

Dear Sirs!

I have same problem with StarForce even if I mount image to physical IDE/SATA device.

When I use Windows 8.1 64bit with DAEMONToolsPro540-0377 + SPTD.1.86 I also immediatly get error:
              Emulator detected!
              Please deactivate virtual drive and emulation software.
              Many thanks in advance!

Comment

Hallo,

it worked before using an older DT/OS version ?
                Which Starforce version exactly (you can check in file properties of the protected dll) ?
                Last edited by Terramex; 22.11.2013, 15:09.

Comment

Terramex
                  All StarForce and all SecuROM versions I think (I checked many images).
                  I use DT Pro 4.41 on Win XP 32-bit and it works good at same system configuration.
                  I have not tested DT Pro 5.4 on WinXP, because I am afraid of possible conflicts.

Comment

Originally Posted by -AG- View Post
                    I have same problem with StarForce even if I mount image to physical IDE/SATA device.
                    Sorry for asking, but just to be on the safe side: you're attaching an IDE/SCSI drive to your physical device ?

Comment

Hallo Pacjonek,

after some tests of our QA team that very SecuROM version seems to only work in a virtual IDE drive (tested with DT Pro/Ultra & SPTD 1.86) - at least in Windows 8.1.

As a workaround you could burn a physical RMPS copy with DT Pro/Ultra or Alcohol 120%.
                      A RMPS copy should work in every OS version.

Comment

I got the same problem with Daemon Tools Lite and the 'Knight of the Old Republic II' game (US version, with the updated exe from SecuROM).
                        I am on Windows 7 x64 though, not 8.1 x64.

I used BurnOut to get the SecuROM version contained in the file: 7.42.004

I read your thread and decided to try with Daemon Tools Pro advanced and its IDE drive capability.
                        Same result : Daemon Tools got detected.

I am using the up-to-date SPTD 1.86 x64 driver.
                        Only me...

Comment

Have you also tried to attach the vIDE device to a physical one ?
                          Attaching virtual device to physical device | DAEMON Pro Help

Comment

Working...
                          X