• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PnP Bios Extension

Operating System: Windows XP
    Burning Software: Nero
    Anti-virus Software: Norton
    DAEMON Tools Version: Latest as of Sept 13th

I've looked all oveer these forums. But all the threads say to either reinstall, uninstall/reinstall, or remove star(something) which I don't have because I ran the installer.

Both Daemon tools and Alcohol crash my system when I try to install them.

Daemon tools always crashes with about |-| <-- that much progress left, and after I restart I get a PnP Bios Extension found, and xp tried to install drivers for it, if I try to update drivers for it it crashes just like the install. Is there anyway aroud this? Please Help!!

Sony 1.6Ghz
    756MB Ram
    Windows XP
    Geforce 440SE

Operating System: Win Xp
    Anti-virus Software: Mc Afee
    DAEMON Tools Version: Had 3.33

I'm having the same problem. It restarts too. I thought it might've been SP2 for XP, so I unistalled that and no luck.

Comment

Both of you please check if you've minidump in Windows\Minidump folder related to those crashes, if so send newest file to support@daemon-tools.cc with reference to your post in this thread!
      Meanwhile check the thread about BSOD in SCSIPORT.SYS in our common problems and solutions forum - maybe it helps to fix your problems.
      Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
      They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

No I tried doing what was suggested in the BSOD in SCSIPORT.SYS thread.

Also windows doesn't have a minidump for today, the newest one is from back in June. Is there a way to turn on the minidump reporting thing?

Comment

If you've minidump in Minidump folder, it seems active ...

Comment

It appears, that it's no longer active since there's no new minidump logs?

Comment

In system properties -> advanced -> startup and recovery -> check if "Write Debugging Information" is set to minidump (64kb); while you're there disable the "Automatically reboot" option

Comment

Okay I disabled Automatic Reboot, but the "Write an event to the System Log" was already enabled.

Comment

Minidump is not system log! It's debugging information

Comment

oh, that's on too, the Small Memory Dump (64k).

Turning off auto reboot helped alot, I actually got a trusty Win2000 style BSOD. But the error was wierd. I said there was a problem with siwah.sys

I did a search of system and hidden files and didn't find anything. looked for just siwah* siwah.* I'm stumped even more than before. How can a file siwah.sys cause a problem when it's not there?

Comment

UPDATE, PROBLEM SOLVED

Okay, I went to the dos prompt and tried deleting siwah.sys, access denied, I went into safemode, and then terminated explorer.exe and ran cmd from there and deleted siwah.sys (whatever the hell is it).

I also found a prefetch file for siwahl.exe so I deleted siwahl.exe from the system32 dir also and presto!! Both Daemon and Alcohol work now!! Woot! Thanks to Copytrooper for telling me how to disable the auto reboot so I could see the problem

Comment

What kind of software are these files from?

Comment

Operating System: Windows XP
                          Anti-virus Software: Norton
                          DAEMON Tools Version: 3.46

please help me...im using D-Tools v3.46.0

i also has the similar problem. i have uninstalled D-Tools but the PnP Bios Extension is still there and i cant delete it. It says "The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28). To reinstall the drivers for this device, click Reinstall Driver."

i also cant re-install D-Tools. It says "Some driver has invalid name or conflicts with other file in system."

what should i do??

Comment

Check thread about error 25002 in common problems and solutions forum.

Comment

yup ive follow those steps from that thread. i have deleted everything but left with PnP Bios Extension. everytime i want to uninstall it, my computer crash.

Comment

Working...
                              X