Blue screen when trying Install/Uninstall DAEMON TOOLS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue screen when trying Install/Uninstall DAEMON TOOLS

I can't uninstall DAEMON Tools Lite. When i try to uninstall i get bsod. I tried removing it manually but when i try to install it again, after manual removing, i also get blue screen.
    Here is the minidump file
    *LINK removed*
    Last edited by Terramex; 19.11.2013, 10:35.

Don't know if it depends on the IP region, but to get the dump file one would have to use their download manager.
    Therefore i removed your link. Just zip the dmp file and attach it to your next post.

Additionally, please download this tool: http://www.bustrace.com/downloads/devfilter.exe
    Run it, highlight your optical drive on the left, then highlight upper/lower filters on the right.
    Which filters are installed on your system ?
    I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

I'm sorry, but i can't attach a file to the post. When i click "Add files" in the "Manage Attachments" window it redirects me to the main page of the forum. I tried with different browsers. Please, tell me what file hosting is available to you and i will upload there my dump file.

I downloaded "Filter Driver Load Order". You asked me to highlight my optical drive on the left. If you mean my virtual optical drive - i removed it after manual uninstall. If you mean my hardware drive, i will post an image.

Comment

Originally Posted by auser10 View Post
        Please, tell me what file hosting is available to you and i will upload there my dump file.
        e.g. Zippyshare.com; yours was "available" as well, but solely with their Download Manager.

Also please attach/upload a zipped Autoruns arn file (no installation required).

As the forum provides more of an additional/secondary user-to-user support please also contact
        the official support team with reference to this thread.
        Last edited by Terramex; 19.11.2013, 15:24.
        I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Mini dump
          Zippyshare.com - 111913-6973-01.dmp
          AutoRuns
          Zippyshare.com - AutoRuns.zip

Thanks you for your help. I will also contact support tomorrow.

Comment

I'm certainly no expert in this field, but i would test the DT (un-)installation with deactivated/uninstalled NVIDIA graphics driver.

Maybe it's also worth a try to temporarily disable all non-Microsoft services to narrow down a possible conflict.
            How to perform a clean boot in Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, or Windows Vista
            or https://support.steampowered.com/kb_...8043-EUJN-5239

Comment

I tried uninstalling nvidia drivers and also clean boot. But this didn't help
              I uploaded dump files that were generated in clean boot and without nvidia drivers

Zippyshare.com - dumps.zip

This is what i got from official support
              Make sure, that you tried uninstall DTLite manual correctly. Here is a link (Removing DAEMON Tools Lite manually | daemon-help.com), please, remove DTLite following this guide. Then, try install latest DTLite 4.48.

Comment

Running out of ideas, sorry
                Hope the support can read out more of the dumps.

An important final remark; take a closer look at this: d:\webservers\denwer\boot.exe
                At least according to this thread it's not typical for Denwer: Kaspersky Lab Forum > 7.0.1.325

Comment

Official support helped me to solve my problem.
                  The solution was to delete "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\servi ces\dtsoftbus01" in registry.

Comment

Thanks for getting back here with the solution

Comment

Working...
                    X