windows failing to mount virtual drive after reboot, cant uninstall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• windows failing to mount virtual drive after reboot, cant uninstall

I dont use daemon tools often so I dont remember what version I was updating from, but I was trying to update to the latest version, as when I opened daemon tools it said I had an update. I updated the system and when it asked me to reboot, I told it no as I was in the middle of doing something else and would reboot when I got a chance. About 20 min after that I rebooted the system and when I got back into windows it did the normal I found new hardware sound then immediately did the unmount hardware sound. I first I thought I had a loose USB cable but after checking my cables I noticed that daemon tools did not load the virtual hard dvd drive. So after trying to get daemon tools to even load. (it doesnt even start anymore)

I decided to just uninstall the program and start over. But when I went to uninstall the uninstaller crashed. I then went and redownloaded the latest version thinking that maybe the setup program would let me uninstall daemon tools but it also crashes. I also tried just doing the reinstall and that crashes out as well during the uninstall. I then went into windows safemode and tried both but they also crashed and failed to uninstall.

This is getting very annoying as windows keep trying to mount a broken driver that I cant find or stop it from mounting it. Please help before I go insane from the windows sounds and the slight hang that windows does as it tries to mount the broken virtual drive.

Hallo, and welcome to the forums.
    Please first try to remove DT lite & SPTD manually: Removing DAEMON Tools Lite manually | daemon-help.com

If it still crashes during next install:
    1. Run DebugView (Download)
    2. Reproduce the crash --> you will get a trace log in DebugView.
    3. Save the trace log to *.log file and upload or attch it zipped
    Last edited by Terramex; 20.11.2013, 19:41.
    I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Thank you for the help. I was able to get daemon tools uninstalled and reinstalled with the latest version.

it didnt fix my driver issue but that was my mistake, I did have a usb device that was acting up

Comment

Working...
      X