Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any advanges of using Daemon Tools over Alcohol 120%?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any advanges of using Daemon Tools over Alcohol 120%?

Hi, I'm just wondering if there are any significant differences between the emulation and virtual drive capabilities of Daemon Tools and Alcohol. If I already have Alcohol is there really any need for DT?

Additionally, I'm not exactly sure how I should use the emulation in either program.

For both programs: Does leaving the emulation on for all protections at the same time cause any conflicts or performance problems?

For Alcohol specifically: Does Alcohol need to be open in order for the emulation to work? Or will it still be in effect after I close it?

I tried running a non 1:1 burn of Grand Theft Auto 3 on CD-RW with Safedisc emulation activated, first in Daemon Tools, then in Alcohol; however, both times it told me to insert the correct CD. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

And just so you know:
    Operating system: Windows XP Pro Sp2
    Burning software: Alcohol 120% 1.9.2.1795
    Antivirus: NOD32 2.12.2
    Daemon Tools Version: 3.47

Thanks in advance.

Re: Any advanges of using Daemon Tools over Alcohol 120%?

Originally Posted by nutter
    Hi, I'm just wondering if there are any significant differences between the emulation and virtual drive capabilities of Daemon Tools and Alcohol. If I already have Alcohol is there really any need for DT?
    No.

Additionally, I'm not exactly sure how I should use the emulation in either program.
    For both programs: Does leaving the emulation on for all protections at the same time cause any conflicts or performance problems?
    Performance: No
    Conflicts: If emulation is blacklisted, games probably won't run

For Alcohol specifically: Does Alcohol need to be open in order for the emulation to work? Or will it still be in effect after I close it?
    You can enable emulation, then exit Alcohol - emulation will be working.

I tried running a non 1:1 burn of Grand Theft Auto 3 on CD-RW with Safedisc emulation activated, first in Daemon Tools, then in Alcohol; however, both times it told me to insert the correct CD. Is there something I'm doing wrong?
    Yes, you're using non 1:1 burn - it's clearly mentioned in readme/manual:
    DAEMON Tools needs a 1:1 Copy to run!!
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Working...
    X