• Show
Clear All

• BSOD after succesfull installation

Operating System: W2K Pro SP4
    Burning Software: none
    Anti-virus Software: Norton AntiVirus 7.5
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.47

Hi there,

I have problem with DT 3.47 (and Alcohol 120% as well).

The installation succeeds without any problems, but when restarting i get the infamous BSOD (unexpected kernel mode trap).

I was able to remove the drivers in safe mode, so my systems works again. However no luck with getting DT to work (everytime the same problem).

I've been reading through the threads but found nothing to help my particular problem. Unfortenately the BSOD doesn't give me a dumpfile in the Minidump folder (although it should according to my Startup/Recovery settings).

Any suggestions would highly appreciated.

TIA, TS Garp

Operating System: WinXP Pro SP 2
    Burning Software: no
    Anti-virus Software: Norton II
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.47

Hi,
    I am having almost the same problem, I guess, after installing Doom3(legal lycensed copy).
    I had to uninstall all the CD emulation software before Doom3 installation.
    Now I need it again, but can not install it well.
    It is the same problem both with Alcohol and with Daemon-Tools and it is not a BSOD - it is just a hardware restart of the desktop, without involwing Windows, without saving any settings - just an eye-blink restart.
    With Daamon Tools it looks like this: I am running DT installation, DT installer asks to choose some driver and port names, I hit Enter, then - oops, my desktop restarts. And the same now, when trying to run DT (there is a shortcut created by DT installer on my desktop).
    I can not uninstall DT - there is no entry in Remove Programs configuration tool...
    I have already read a topic about Starforce stuff, I have updated it. Now I can not either uninstall Daemon Tools, nor install again - it says, it sees some same-name devices.
    What am I supposed to do now?

Comment

If you've problem with Starforce drivers even after update, remove them!
      Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
      They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Working...
      X