Unable to add virtual device/Error in command line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to add virtual device/Error in command line

Hi, I'm constantly getting these problems when trying to run .iso files. I've tried to follow the steps shown here Registry and SPTD problems | DAEMON Pro Help to correct it but I can only get as far as step 12 (The second step 4). I'm running windows 8.1 and there is no owner tab present, would someone be able to help me out by showing me what to do? I'm running daemon tools lite btw.

Please first try this Microsoft FixIt solution:
    Your CD or DVD drive can't read or write media

If that doesn't solve the problem please try to manually delete upper/lower filter as described here (Resolution):
    The CD drive or the DVD drive does not work as expected on a computer that is running Windows Vista (also works on Windows XP/7/8/8.1).

btw. is your physical optical drive working ok ?
    Which security software(s) are you using ?
    I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Originally Posted by Terramex View Post
      Please first try this Microsoft FixIt solution:
      Your CD or DVD drive can't read or write media

If that doesn't solve the problem please try to manually delete upper/lower filter as described here (Resolution):
      The CD drive or the DVD drive does not work as expected on a computer that is running Windows Vista (also works on Windows XP/7/8/8.1).

btw. is your physical optical drive working ok ?
      Which security software(s) are you using ?
      I'm unable to run microsoft fixit as it is not supported by windows 8.1 and there is no "control" file in the CurrentControlSet folder. Thanks for the reply.

Comment

Oops, sorry, i'm quite new to Windows 8.1, didn't know about the FixIt incompatibility
        But the Control subkey should be present.
        I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

My apologies, I was looking in the wrong folder I deleted upper filters and it now works. Thanks very much for your help.

Comment

You're welcome!
            The software(s) which installed the upper filter(s) (e.g. iTunes) maybe don't function properly anymore.
            In this case you have to reinstall that software.

Comment

No worries, I rarely (if ever) use the optical drive anymore anyway. Thanks again, I really appreciate, I've been stumped for months!

Comment

Working...
              X