Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conflict with Disc Emulator Software problem

Hello,

I've recently created images of a few old game discs that I had, because I don't have an actual disc drive on my computer and don't want to pay $70 for a new external disc drive. The images were successfully created, but when I went to go and run the disc images, I got an error saying, "Conflict with Disc Emulator Software detected." Looking around I have seen work arounds, like uninstalling Daemon Tools, but they are either to technical for me or don't work. I know these is probably asked too many times, but none of the threads were terribly helpful to me. If it helps the game I am currently trying is Great Battles of Rome. Thank you for your assistance.

The copy protection used is SecuROM.
    You need to create your image with an app capable of performing a so called data position measurement, like DAEMON Tools Pro/Ultra or Alcohol 52%/120%.
    To use that image the free DAEMON Tools lite is enough if you mount in a virtual SCSI device - it doesn't work in a virtual DT device.
    I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Thanks for the help, but I still can't get it to work. I tried downloading Alcohol %52 and using that, but still get the same error. Also I noticed that when I don't have a disk inserted, Alcohol gives me move advance options for datatype, then when I do have a disc in. I've also tried using a SCSI device, created by Daemon Tools Lite, but to no avail. I may try to use the free trail of Alcohol %120, but I'm not sure that's going to work. Any further help would be much appreciated.

Comment

Without a disk inserted Alcohol displays the CD datatypes by default - it's normal that the DVD datatypes have less options (in both, Alc 52% & 120%).
        Did the DPM finish successfully ?

Which OS and DT lite version are you using ?
        I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Ah, okay. Thanks for the info.
          Yes the DPM finished successfully.

I'm using windows 8 and version 4.48.1 of DT Lite

Comment

Working...
          X