• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SP2 error: "virtual scsi driver not detected"

Operating System: Windows XP: Home - SP2
    Burning Software: Nero 6 ultra
    Anti-virus Software: Norton Antivirus 2004
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.46 - 3.47

Following micro$ofts instructions, I uninstalled D-Tools 3.46 prior to updating to SP2 (everything functioned fine before hand)
    After this I installed 3.46 and got this error: "virtual scsi driver not detected" after I restarted. I thought there must be a conflict and so down loaded 3.47 as it was supposed to address these issues. I uninstalled 3.46, restarted and installed 3.47 but still giot the error message. Any clues?

You see any errors in system event log?

Comment

Operating System: windows xp +sp2
      Burning Software: nero 6.3.0.0
      Anti-virus Software: none
      DAEMON Tools Version: 3.47

pretty much same problem for me, event log shows this kinda error:

AMLI: ACPI BIOS is attempting to write to an illegal IO port address (0xcf8), which lies in the 0xcf8 - 0xcff protected address range. This could lead to system instability. Please contact your system vendor for technical assistance.

(it seems that d347bus might be the reason, but that's just a hunch)

From ms's knowledgebase: "This behavior may occur if your computer's basic input/output system (BIOS) tries to write to one of the earlier ports by using an AML [Advanced Configuration and Power Interface (ACPI) Machine Language] System IO operation region. Your try may be blocked by Microsoft Windows XP because accessing these ports by using this mechanism is considered dangerous and can cause system instability. This feature is designed to improve the stability of your computer's operating system."

Comment

nvm...it seems that nero's imagedrive and/or virtual cd screwed up with daemon ^_-;;;

Comment

Working...
        X