Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Install Problems

Operating System: Windows XP SP2 AMD Athlon 2000XP 1.67 GHz 256MB of RAM
    Burning Software: Windows Media Player, ITunes, Real Player Basic.
    Anti-virus Software: AVG
    DAEMON Tools Version: Daemon 3.47

I was installing Daemon tools and my computer had a power loss. After the power came back on I tryed to reinstall and i get this>>>
    {Some deivers has invalid name or conflicts with other file or service in system. please choose other driver names or make sure you have rebooted after removal of software using same names.} I have went into (devmgmt.msc) and removed the thing it said to on the help page. I looked at the add or remove programs and no daemon tools there. In the windows system32 folder there is a (cidaemon) file that if I take out it just comes back. I also have done a search for daemon and removed all that came up but when I try to install I still get the message above. Thank you for your time.

Device manager

How do i open the device manager?

Comment

registry editor

Are is it registry editor I need to open? Where do i open that?

Comment

:shock: You know how to use Windows!?
        run regedit to edit the registry,
        right click on My Computer -> Properties -> Hardware -> button Device Manager
        Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
        They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

:evil: well i guess if i was a computer genius like u i would not have to ask these qustions.... but no i do not. i've been a mac user all my life. but thanks for ur help.

Comment

Sorry, no offense intended :mrgreen:
            btw did you check thread about error 25002 in our common problems and solutions forum?
            Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
            They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Working...
            X